What has cylcing done to you?

sfichele
sfichele Posts: 605
edited February 2011 in The bottom bracket
Well, this morning it gave me a free flying lesson, and a suspected cracked rib after getting my back wheel stuck in a tram track

168787_498730902266_611617266_6822331_5046924_n.jpg

Comments

• MeddlE
    MeddlE Posts: 322
    Broken wrist, broken collar bone, dislocated ankle and broken tib and fib in both legs.

Luckily (I think) all separate incidents.

That's BMX for you though. Road or MTB seems a safer choice.
  • At last something I can post on and speak from proper experience.

Stitches in mouth, stitches in forehead, road rash aplenty, currently - bruising down right hand side and painful shoulder from a slide on the ice last Weds.
  • bobtbuilder
    bobtbuilder Posts: 1,537
    Ruptured testicle, dislocated shoulder + loss of most of the skin from my right forearm. :cry:

Tip: don't come off at 45mph. :idea:
  • GiantMike
    GiantMike Posts: 3,139
    I've lost around 1.5 stone and I'm probably the fittest I've ever been. Even when I can't cycle I go running to help with my cycling fitness.

ETA: I fell off once. It hurt.
  • robz400
    robz400 Posts: 160
    As fit as when running everyday but without the knee issues! An amazing way of unwinding after work and tons of me time :)

But also,

Scars on my left thigh, arm and hip, currently on Dicofenac for a buggered shoulder and thanks to my obsession with equipment, a fairly empty bank account!! :roll:
  • TLDNMCL
    TLDNMCL Posts: 2,779
    Emptied my bank account and fridge at very similar rates.

Turned me into a svelte, snake-hipped figure (depending on your understanding of svelte & snake-hipped :oops: ).

Made me a figure of ridicule!
    Mac
  • sfichele
    HaHa, yeh my bank account has some scars as well.

All good stuff
  • Bozman
    Bozman Posts: 2,518
    It takes my money then pays me back with pain, i bloody hate it!
  • pst88
    pst88 Posts: 621
    Broken wrist (both bones all the way through), concussion, various cuts and bruises. All on separate occasions.
    Bianchi Via Nirone Veloce/Centaur 2010
  • izza
    izza Posts: 1,561
    sfichele wrote:
    Well, this morning it gave me a free flying lesson, and a suspected cracked rib after getting my back wheel stuck in a tram track

Based upon the thread title, it's clear that cycling has not done anything for your spelling though.
  • Nuggs
    Nuggs Posts: 1,804
    Just to restore some balance:

It's made me fit and happy. :D
  • freehub
    freehub Posts: 4,257
    How did the wheel get stuck in a tram track? As surely you was not riding a road bike down a tram line, if so, it was only a matter of time until you had that accident.
  • sfichele
    Yeh might need to rethink the route.

I was changing from one side of the track to the other, which you need to do at a steep angle. I think my front wheel hit a manhole cover, I wasn't paying enough attention because I was looking at a bus that was starting to pull out. I think the front wheel didn't get enough traction on the manhole cover so the rear of the bike was too shallow, and the rear wheel got stuck.
  • Verbal
    Verbal Posts: 100
    Its given me buns of steel.
  • made me realise how good i look in lycra
  • Broken:

Hands
    Wrists
    Ankles
    Feet
    Shoulder
    Neck
    Ribs

Dislocated:
    Shoulder
    Fingers
    Toes
    Feet

Enough scars and concussions that I cant even begin to count them.

Hypothermia
    Sun Stroke

Massive thighs and sod all upper body strength.
    Lost ACL in Left knee.

Theres more to list but the above is just off the top of my head.
    "War is Peace; Freedom is Slavery; Ignorance is Strength." George Orwell - 1984
  • gazeds
    gazeds Posts: 182
    broken collar bone, much fitter and leaner, made me obsessive about my training, makes you feel ill when you can't train, your life is organised around your cycling and not the other way round, so i don't know if it's a good or bad thing :x
  • sfichele
    makes you feel ill when you can't train, your life is organised around your cycling and not the other way round

ditto
  • Ex wife and a empty bank account. but would not change a thing!
  • Dan_K
    Dan_K Posts: 19
    Gave me self belief, a reason to cut down on alcohol, eat healthily and hopefully as a result, the oppurtunity to spend a few more years on this planet to enjoy seeing my kids grow up.
  • Kaise
    Kaise Posts: 2,498
    in every form, gave me a hobby i really love!

an empty bank account
    an obsession with tinkering
    and finally an addiction to speed at all costs!

there is nothing better than the furious blast home from work!