Cycle Express online store?

Cats Eyes
Cats Eyes Posts: 49
edited February 2011 in Road buying advice
Has anyone here ever bought items from Cycle Express?

I'm about to purchase some items from their site & I'm just wondering whether they're a reliable company to buy stuff from etc.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• ordered a few things with them, no problems. Had a pair of bib shorts that frayed, they replaced no probs!
  • SCR Pedro
    SCR Pedro Posts: 912
    I've used them 3 or 4 times before. There was never a problem, and I received everything quickly enough.

Pedro
    Giant TCR Advanced II - Reviewed on my homepage
    Giant TCR Alliance Zero
    BMC teammachineSLR03
    The Departed
    Giant SCR2
    Canyon Roadlite
    Specialized Allez
    Some other junk...
  • derosa
    derosa Posts: 2,819
    Went through a 3 month period where everything I ordered from their website wasn't in stock and they had no idea when any stock would arrive. I would suggest you contact them before placing an order to make sure they have what you want in stock.

Big H

May the road rise up to meet you.
    May the wind always be at your back.
  • Cats Eyes
    Cats Eyes Posts: 49
    I went ahead & ordered items from the Cyclexpress online store & would like to offer some feedback about my dealings with them.
    I'm based outside of the UK so while shopping on their online store I changed the currency displayed on their site from GBP to Euro. I purchased a number of items, the price of which was displayed in €. But when I checked my bank account online, I noticed I had been charged about 12% more than the price shown on their website at the time of purchase. Initially I thought my bank had offered a crap exchange rate or included additional high charges but after examining the transaction online this proved not to be the case.
    I logged back into my account on the Cyclexpress website & looked at my purchase history. The price displayed was indeed lower than what they had actually charged me. I took a screenshot of my shopping basket total on their website & sent them an e-mail with the screenshot attached. In the email I asked them to look into this error & get back to me ASAP.
    Later that day I logged back into my account on their website & noticed that my shopping basket total had jumped up by (funnily enough) 11% or so.
    It had become apparent that the currency conversion tool on their website was innacurate & displayed an incorrect price total.
    The emails I have received from Cyclexpress since then are full of contradictions. On one hand they have admitted that they dont update the exchange rates on the website daily because they dont sell much stuff outside of the UK yet they are also claiming that the overcharging issue is between me & my bank & have refused to refund me by the amount they have overcharged me. They are now refusing to even answer my emails in relation to the issue!
    Beware of purchasing stuff from a company who acts in this manner!
  • I've just bought some new lights from CycleXpress and managed to break the light while inserting the batteries. I phoned the helpline, was truthful in explaining what had happened, they said send them back and they would see what they could so. Two days later I received a brand new set in the post. Can't fault their customer service. Would definitely buy from them again and the cost of the lights was very competitive with other online retailers.
  • I bought something a while ago and was accidently sent and charged twice. It wasn't difficult to sort out though and the customer service was very responsive.
  • bikenewbie wrote:
    I've just bought some new lights from CycleXpress and managed to break the light while inserting the batteries. I phoned the helpline, was truthful in explaining what had happened, they said send them back and they would see what they could so. Two days later I received a brand new set in the post. Can't fault their customer service. Would definitely buy from them again and the cost of the lights was very competitive with other online retailers.

good first post :wink:
    Colnago C60 SRAM eTap, Colnago C40, Milani 107E, BMC Pro Machine, Trek Madone, Viner Gladius,
    Bizango 29er
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,400
    Flanners1 wrote:
    bikenewbie wrote:
    I've just bought some new lights from CycleXpress and managed to break the light while inserting the batteries. I phoned the helpline, was truthful in explaining what had happened, they said send them back and they would see what they could so. Two days later I received a brand new set in the post. Can't fault their customer service. Would definitely buy from them again and the cost of the lights was very competitive with other online retailers.

good first post :wink:

What are you trying to say! :lol:
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי