Cotswold spring classic

r.gilling121
r.gilling121 Posts: 20
Has anyone done it? or heard anything about it? I heard it was hard but was wondering how hard

Comments

• Dunno but if you want to pay less for an excellent Cotswolds event, you want go far wrong by waiting for the Beacon RCC's Cotswolds audaxes on 19th June. They only cost £8 and have all the spirit of a a sportive. I rode it last year and it was great. It starts from Birmingham though, before heading off to the Cotswolds.
  • Ron Stuart
    Ron Stuart Posts: 1,242
    dead sheep wrote:
    Dunno but if you want to pay less for an excellent Cotswolds event, you want go far wrong by waiting for the Beacon RCC's Cotswolds audaxes on 19th June. They only cost £8 and have all the spirit of a a sportive. I rode it last year and it was great. It starts from Birmingham though, before heading off to the Cotswolds.

If I were you mate I would get these Audax's up on the Audax UK website only there are three rides from Hereford on the same day at half the price you are charging.
    Might be usefull to mention that it starts South of Birmingham as well. Expensive for a 200k audax!
  • Erm, well I'm nothing to do with organisation, so I guess that the organiser would need to sort those details out.
  • Yes I have done it for the last 2 years (this is the 3rd year)
    I rode the 100 mile route on both occasions, the route is different each year, and last year it was a lot harder than year 1. They had the hardest climbs in the last 30 miles or so. Not sure about the shorter route...I know it did not do the hardest climbs.
    This year apparently the route will change again....whatever it is always well organised, well signed and you get to ride some of the best areas of this part of the Cotswolds.
    Loads of people turn up for it, and there is a great early season atmosphere.
    Well worth doing....don't forget it is on the Bank Holiday Monday...not a Sunday.
  • ajb72
    ajb72 Posts: 1,178
    I did the 100k route last year, which was my first sportive. This shorter distance was not too hard, (well it was the longest ride I'd done to that point) there was enough climbing to stretch the legs but the bigger challenges came from exposed areas of the route on a windy day. I cannot comment on the longer route.

Excellently run event though, loads of parking and a nice Eater egg in the goody bag at the end. It did have a friendly feel to the event as mentioned earlier.

The only gripe I had was the toilet facility - just one loo for hundreds of riders was a nightmare