SpaceJunk Posts: 1,157
edited February 2011 in Track
4 km in 4:10.354

The end of the Superman record!

Comments

• cswebbo
    cswebbo Posts: 220
    That time is crazy!
    I bet Wiggins is glad there is no solo 4k pursuit in the olympics now!

I thought Boardmans record was 'on the shelf' with the current UCI bike regs.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Geraint Thomas and Taylor Phinney were the only other contenders IMO.

Good to see that a 21 year old has it, be interesting to see what he can do on the road in the next few years.
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,103
    That's an amazing time! :shock:

What a shame the UCI, in their wisdom, ditched the pursuit from the Olympics as we'd have an amazing competition between Bobridge, Phinney and Thomas (assuming Wiggins is done with pursuiting).
  • wicked
    wicked Posts: 844
    andyp wrote:
    That's an amazing time! :shock:

What a shame the UCI, in their wisdom, ditched the pursuit from the Olympics as we'd have an amazing competition between Bobridge, Phinney and Thomas (assuming Wiggins is done with pursuiting).

Indeed it would have been some battle, nevermind instead we can look forward to the nailbiter that is the omnium. The UCI are consistent at least, they are fucking up road and track cycling equally!
    It’s the most beautiful sport in the world but it’s governed by ***ts who have turned it into a crock of ****.
  • Eddy S
    Eddy S Posts: 1,013
    A stunning time. It will be interesting to see if any of the GB squad go chasing after it - there is a non World Cup IP (i.e. not part of the Omnium) at Manchester during the World Cup... :wink:
    wicked wrote:
    Indeed it would have been some battle, nevermind instead we can look forward to the nailbiter that is the tedium. The UCI are consistent at least, they are ******* up road and track cycling equally!
    There you go, fixed that for you! 8)

And wait till they get their hands on the bike approval protocol/process! :roll:
    I’m a sprinter – I warmed up yesterday.
  • I'd like to see Thomas go after it again. I was there when he put down his 4.15, pretty amazing but there wasn't really a full celebration as it still wasn't the faster ever. I guess now the superman record is gone it's a lot clearer but trying to shave 5 seconds off his best won't be easy at all!

As for bike approvals and the UCI, what a joke!