transfer deadline day madness

2»

Comments

• cornerblock
    cornerblock Posts: 3,228
    :lol: No, but I would prefer a player who wants to wear the red than be a chelski rent boy...

Ah you are hurting! Me? Very happy indeed. Torres in a Blue shirt, lovely, Anelka staying and the Luiz deal possibly back on. Looks like Roman has found some money down the back of the sofa! :wink: Did not bother me people disliking us when Roman was not spending, but I much prefer it when he is! If it all goes through it should make Sunday very interesting.
  • will be clause in deal that torres not allowed to play :wink:

OR he will pull up after 5 mins with a dodgy fetlock!!!
    There is never redemption, any fool can regret yesterday...

Be Pure! Be Vigilant! Behave!
  • cornerblock
    cornerblock Posts: 3,228
    will be clause in deal that torres not allowed to play :wink:

OR he will pull up after 5 mins with a dodgy fetlock!!!

Hell hath no fury like a Liverpool fan scorned eh? :) I reckon the real reason we are buying him is it's the only way we can stop him scoring against us! :roll:
  • Laughable...I would not bid again after 2 bids rejected.

Pross as for Ngog, he's just not good enough. Awful touch, slow and misfires in front of goal. Another Rafa flop. I see what you mean about Suarez, he was going to play just behind Torres apparently with Gerrard and him coming in off the right which would mean curtains for Kuyt (thank god)

Losing a lot of love for football lately. Well the top flight anyway. My folks are Carlisle United supporters and I have a soft spot for them and I'm inclined to get rid of my LFC ties and start following lower league football.

Do it. Never had much interest in the top flight, used to watch Sunderland & Newcastle occasionally if Blyth Spartans weren't playing, Non League is where the fun is to be had. Get yersel to Southport or down to Crosby to follow Marine. If you've no sense of smell theres Burscough too.
  • There is one man who won't be moving. Ferguson has issued a hands off to anyone interested in Howard Webb. :twisted:
  • CarbonCopy
    CarbonCopy Posts: 492
    edited January 2011
    Fernando great player but he is weak and injury prone (hamstrings).Mental strength isn`t all that either when the wind is against him he can`t take it.Carrol will give liverpool something they have lacked for quite some time now and that is ariel strength in the box.
  • mattsaw
    mattsaw Posts: 907
    It could end up being a good deal for Liverpool, albeit an expensive one. Suarez is a great player, Carroll has the potential to be one, and is 5 years younger than Torres.

Most interestingly though it shows the new owners aren't scared to splash the cash when needed. It could be a busy summer there as well.
    Bianchi C2C - Ritte Bosberg - Cervelo R3
    Strava
  • Evil Laugh
    Evil Laugh Posts: 1,412
    As a Toon fan I'm gutted by today.

I feel like I've caught my missus shagging Harry Redknapp.

Really, leave your hometown club, you've got the no 9 shirt, you're gonna be talked of for years to come as a local hero etc etc for a desperate Liverpool side in massive decline who I would bet we'd finish above if Carroll were to stay. It's not as if you're gonna get CL footy any time soon. Arsenal, Man U, City, Chelsea and even Spurs have far superior squads.

I just dont understand it. They must be offering silly silly money.

He's not worth £35m to Liverpool but then I don't think it's worth us selling for £35m either given the effect it could have on our season,team morale, tying our better players down on new deals, attracting a decent new striker with our £40k wage cap etc etc.

Gutted.

:(
  • Karl2010
    Karl2010 Posts: 511
    I'm inclined to get rid of my LFC ties and start following lower league football..

Your obviously not a true Red.. See ya later. Bye, bye. Close the door on your way out.... Looser!
  • wiffachip
    wiffachip Posts: 861
    that's me done with the Toon, you can only take so much.
    this is worse than Cole going to man utd

well I'll still renew me season ticket like, but that's all

scouse gits, never liked them, Alf was right

fingers crosed his injury's worse than expected
  • Karl2010, how long you supported them? I made no comment about fallen out of love with liverpool you idiot I said football in general!!!
    There is never redemption, any fool can regret yesterday...

Be Pure! Be Vigilant! Behave!
  • Pross, I think watching county would be just as tough from now on..they've been hit hard today :(
    Crafted in Italy apparantly
  • Aggieboy
    Aggieboy Posts: 3,996
    History has just been rewritten. Roman's mugged by Scousers.
    "There's a shortage of perfect breasts in this world, t'would be a pity to damage yours."
  • EKE_38BPM
    EKE_38BPM Posts: 5,821
    All this talk of Torres and Carroll is so small-fry, Arsene Wenger rattled the whole transfer market by buying Ryo Miyaichi and immediately loaning him out to Feyenoord for the rest of the season.

Newcastle and their owners through the years seem to repeatedly shoot themselves in the foot. Making big money on a transfer is good for the short-term balance sheet but selling a potential star striker (and we all know how crazy the Novocastrians go for a home-grown striker) on transfer deadline day with no time to get a replacement in is madness.

And the way they treated Chris Hughton was a disgrace even though he played for Spurs.
    FCN 3: Raleigh Record Ace fixie-to be resurrected sometime in the future
    FCN 4: Planet X Schmaffenschmack 2- workhorse
    FCN 9: B Twin Vitamin - winter commuter/loan bike for trainees

I'm hungry. I'm always hungry!
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,137
    Aggieboy wrote:
    History has just been rewritten. Roman's mugged by Scousers.

And in turn the Scousers were mugged by the Geordies.

If Carroll is worth £35m, then my dirty pants have got to be worth five grand. Anyone got Kenny's phone number?
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • beverick
    beverick Posts: 3,461
    Andy Carroll is the new emille heskey:-

http://whoateallthegoals.blogspot.com/

Just what I said yesterday.

BTW, some wag on R5 last night said that Heskey had been seen in Newcastle....even though he was actually aiming at Middlesborough. :lol:

Bob
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,172
    All Liverpool need now is a visit from those Chilean miners, who are probably best placed to advise Dalglish how to get out of a f'ing big hole before the end of the season....
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • sheffsimon
    sheffsimon Posts: 1,282
    CarbonCopy wrote:
    Fernando great player but he is weak and injury prone (hamstrings).Mental strength isn`t all that either when the wind is against him he can`t take it.Carrol will give liverpool something they have lacked for quite some time now and that is ariel strength in the box.

Prefer Daz meself, gets your whites whiter than white.
  • Liverpool?

Scousers?

hahahaha! :D
    'dont forget lads, one evertonian is worth twenty kopites'
  • SheffSimon wrote:
    CarbonCopy wrote:

Prefer Daz meself, gets your whites whiter than white.
    sheer class :lol:

Shocking news breaking on sky sports...... Torres has pulled hamstring AGAIN chasing John Terry out of his wife`s bedroom.