Huge swollen lump on thigh - aaargh!

kathg
kathg Posts: 142
edited February 2011 in Women
Hi all,

Had a fall practising jumping on sunday and luckily ok as fully padded up but landed on side of thigh below hip and now have bloody big lump there that 's damn sore :cry: Am rubbing arnica cream in to it to help with the inevitable enormous bruise that will come out soon but wondered if anyone out there has had this sort of thing..?? Will it go? What is it? Am I doomed to have a perma saddle bag feature on one leg??!!
Kinda funny but not if you get my drift, particularly amusing video footage that my mate got of whole incident! :oops:

Any tips greatfully recieved!

Kathg

Comments

• Jene
    Jene Posts: 3
    I've been lurking here for a while now but had to sign up to reply to this as I could have posted this exact post about 10 months ago!

The down side is, my lump (also on my thigh) hung around for about 4 months! Although it was only painful for about a month. When it disappeared it left an indent in my quad instead - although only I can see the indent if i'm comparing legs really really carefully!

Having said that, I didn't have armour on at the time and it was an A&E trip followed by crutches for a week or so... so hopefully yours won't last for quite that long!
  • miss notax
    miss notax Posts: 2,572
    Hi Jene :D

Yup, can I join the lumps group as well too?!! :shock: :lol:

Mine on my rigth calf from a major off a few weeks ago... Bruise just coming out, and i'm hoping the swelling will start going soon! I sympathise as they flipping well hurt, don't they :roll:

Had a massive lump on my arm from skiing last year (a snowboarder ploughed ito me and his board hit my arm), and it literally took about 6 months to go back to normal :shock:

Hope it starts to feel better soon!
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the number of moments that take your breath away....

Riding a gorgeous ano orange Turner Burner!

Sponsor the CC2CC at http://www.justgiving.com/cc2cc
  • kathg
    kathg Posts: 142
    Had some good advice from a physio today.. Its a haematoma apparantly and will last for a loong time! Apparantly you have to massage the heck out of them (once its bearable of course) this will break them down eventually! So get working those lumps girls!!
    God, this is a fun sport isn't it!! :D
  • miss notax
    miss notax Posts: 2,572
    kathg wrote:
    Had some good advice from a physio today.. Its a haematoma apparantly and will last for a loong time! Apparantly you have to massage the heck out of them (once its bearable of course) this will break them down eventually! So get working those lumps girls!!
    God, this is a fun sport isn't it!! :D

Yuck :shock: :shock:
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the number of moments that take your breath away....

Riding a gorgeous ano orange Turner Burner!

Sponsor the CC2CC at http://www.justgiving.com/cc2cc
  • hey there

had loads of these when i played rugby(womens is just as tough), it's true massaging them once you can bear to touch them works. had one that lasted nearly a year which was when i learnt that trick!!

can't avoid them no matter how much you try so wear them with pride and hope they don't hang around too long!! :lol: