Forum home Mountain biking forum The Crudcatcher

GRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!

welshkevwelshkev Posts: 9,690
edited February 2011 in The Crudcatcher
got home from work and the gf told me her car wouldn't start, tride to bump start it, no good, tried jump leads, no good.

so a trip to halfords and £70 later the car has started..it needed a new battery :evil:

i've been saving for an on one scandal and that's totally wiped out my savings :evil: :evil: :evil:

Posts

  • hypermanhyperman Posts: 232
    Ha ha!! You went to halfords for a car battery....consider yourself robbed!!
  • welshkevwelshkev Posts: 9,690
    hyperman wrote:
    Ha ha!! You went to halfords for a car battery....consider yourself robbed!!

    it was 20 to 7 tonight and she needs her car tomorrow morning...needs must and all that :x

    would never have got it from there otherwise
  • couldn't she buy her own battery? :(
    Specialized FSR XC Expert 2010
  • hypermanhyperman Posts: 232
    welshkev wrote:
    hyperman wrote:
    Ha ha!! You went to halfords for a car battery....consider yourself robbed!!

    it was 20 to 7 tonight and she needs her car tomorrow morning...needs must and all that :x

    would never have got it from there otherwise

    In that case consider yourself forgiven....like you said, needs must..
  • welshkevwelshkev Posts: 9,690
    couldn't she buy her own battery? :(

    joint bank account and she's not working at the moment since having our son so my money is her money :shock: :lol:
  • sheepsteethsheepsteeth Posts: 17,418 Webster
    joint bank account?

    *big d shudders*
  • That's put me right off a joint bank account when we move in together, damn. Sounds like the On One will be waiting a bit longer then.
    Specialized FSR XC Expert 2010
  • hypermanhyperman Posts: 232
    I've been with my missus for 20 years..and do we have a joint bank account? No! Not a fcuking chance!
  • Stevo_666Stevo_666 Posts: 41,842
    Christ, if £70 wiped out your savings you haven't been saving very hard.

    PS: joint bank accounts are like attaching a f'ing big hoover to your hard earned. Don't do it.
    Whippet
    Bruiser
    Panzer
    Commuter

    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • welshkevwelshkev Posts: 9,690
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Christ, if £70 wiped out your savings you haven't been saving very hard.

    PS: joint bank accounts are like attaching a f'ing big hoover to your hard earned. Don't do it.

    that was £70 towards a frame, only been saving this last month. but when you have a gf that goes from earning 20k a year, to not working at all that fooks your finances up a bit don't you think :lol:
  • I think you have done well getting a spare £70. Not only losing a nice income but having a small person kinda screws with the savings plan.
    fly like a mouse, run like a cushion be the small bookcase!
  • El CapitanoEl Capitano Posts: 13,671
    Aww man, I feel your pain!

    Of course, the obvious solution to recoup your loss would be to sell your GF's car to pay for your new bike... :wink:
  • Stevo 666 wrote:

    PS: joint bank accounts are like attaching a f'ing big hoover to her hard earned. Do it.

    Exactly, twice the ammount of excess to spend on shiny bits.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • welshkevwelshkev Posts: 9,690
    yeah this last year has been a struggle financially, but it all should change in the next 6 months....mwwwwahhhhhhhh (evil laugh) :lol:
  • El CapitanoEl Capitano Posts: 13,671
    welshkev wrote:
    yeah this last year has been a struggle financially, but it all should change in the next 6 months....mwwwwahhhhhhhh (evil laugh) :lol:

    Accident + Insurance pay-out = Win! :wink:
  • welshkevwelshkev Posts: 9,690
    welshkev wrote:
    yeah this last year has been a struggle financially, but it all should change in the next 6 months....mwwwwahhhhhhhh (evil laugh) :lol:

    Accident + Insurance pay-out = Win! :wink:

    :lol: not quite that. after the hassle we had when the gf had quite a bad car crash (not her fault) i never want to go through that again :(

    but no, within 6 months she should be back in work and we'll be back on track :D

    but i wonder if she has life insurance....*goes to check policies*.......... :lol:
  • Stevo_666Stevo_666 Posts: 41,842
    welshkev wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Christ, if £70 wiped out your savings you haven't been saving very hard.

    PS: joint bank accounts are like attaching a f'ing big hoover to your hard earned. Don't do it.

    that was £70 towards a frame, only been saving this last month. but when you have a gf that goes from earning 20k a year, to not working at all that fooks your finances up a bit don't you think :lol:
    Fair point, I've got some sympathy there as my other half stopped work just before dropping a sprog and never went back :evil: Fortunately I've got all the passwords to the bank accounts :wink:
    Whippet
    Bruiser
    Panzer
    Commuter

    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • .blitz.blitz Posts: 6,588
    I would like to echo everyone else's comments not having a joint bank account
  • Stevo 666 wrote:
    welshkev wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Christ, if £70 wiped out your savings you haven't been saving very hard.

    PS: joint bank accounts are like attaching a f'ing big hoover to your hard earned. Don't do it.

    that was £70 towards a frame, only been saving this last month. but when you have a gf that goes from earning 20k a year, to not working at all that fooks your finances up a bit don't you think :lol:
    Fair point, I've got some sympathy there as my other half stopped work just before dropping a sprog and never went back :evil: Fortunately I've got all the passwords to the bank accounts :wink:

    Passwords are all fine and dandy to have. it's the cards you don't want them having.

    My wife and I have a joint bank account, but we each have separate personal accounts as well. Having the joint makes it easy to pay bills as we just transfer our monthly bill money in that account and we're good to go but we can't use each others money.
    =WIN
  • Daz555Daz555 Posts: 4,040
    Nowt wrong with joint bank account. We use ours for the bills and day to running of our lives. We both standing order an amount each month from our salary (I pay more as I earn more) and then that's it.

    We have our own accounts as well but don't keep our money separate as such. There is none of this "well I paid last time"....we just regard all our personal money as shared even if it is in separate bank accounts. I do not see my wages as "my money" - I go to work for my family.

    Also, the only reason I earn a lot more than my wife is that she is part time whilst raising our children. To be honest she is underpaid for such sterling work!
    You only need two tools: WD40 and Duck Tape.
    If it doesn't move and should, use the WD40.
    If it shouldn't move and does, use the tape.
  • welshkevwelshkev Posts: 9,690
    Daz555 wrote:
    Nowt wrong with joint bank account. We use ours for the bills and day to running of our lives. We both standing order an amount each month from our salary (I pay more as I earn more) and then that's it.

    We have our own accounts as well but don't keep our money separate as such. There is none of this "well I paid last time"....we just regard all our personal money as shared even if it is in separate bank accounts. I do not see my wages as "my money" - I go to work for my family.

    Also, the only reason I earn a lot more than my wife is that she is part time whilst raising our children. To be honest she is underpaid for such sterling work!

    does she read this forum kiss censored ? :wink::lol:

    yeah i agree, i work and have always earnt more than her, although her job was quite well paid. looking after our son is a job in itself and is bloody hard work :lol:

    so i don't really mind the joint bank account, i probably spend mor than her anyway :lol:
  • wilfuswilfus Posts: 78
    My wife and I have a joint bank account, but we each have separate personal accounts as well. Having the joint makes it easy to pay bills as we just transfer our monthly bill money in that account and we're good to go but we can't use each others money.
    =WIN

    We do this aswell
Sign In or Register to comment.