My first Ice Hockey lesson.

Nervous and excited in equal measure!

Comments

• Andy
    Andy Posts: 8,207
    As it happens, I'm a Sens fan ;)
  • Andy wrote:
    As it happens, I'm a Sens fan ;)

I had to watch the video again to find out what the hell you're on about :lol:
  • Your learning a little late in life Andy!

Then again Rob Lowe was taught to skate in 3 months for his role in the film Youngblood which also starred Patrick Swayze, still the best hockey movie ever IMO

I was on the ice aged 4 and playing in Mite, Squirt, Peewee. Bantam. I then immigrated and played U16 and U18 as they didn't mimic the North American league naming conventions
    My position was 3rd line, defense, a great position to be in

I played hockey until I was 21 then gave it up to focus on my other sport
    My boys also played and I was a coaching assistant whilst they played. The kids also played In-Line hockey (not to be confused with Roller or Street) They too were 3rd line players.
    Sadly due to my 2008 injury I'll never wear skates again and I have tried but the metalwork in the lower leg doesn't get on with the stresses and cold.

Enjoy it Andy, there's nothing quite like clambering on to fresh ice and the sound of skates, sticks and the puck bouncing off the boards
  • Andy
    It is late I agree but living in Birmingham my chances to skate have been limited. Now there is a permanent rink I've jumped at the chance to learn.

I actually quite fancy giving it a go being goalkeeper/tender
  • Andy
    It was pretty damn good. The bit where they taught us basic ice skating never really happened. It was more "Here's a stick, lets go"

Only fell once as well :wink:
  • did you fuck anyone up?
  • Andy
    Haha nah not yet. I still haven't mastered stopping so throwing a check might be the best way to disguise that fact...
  • jay12
    jay12 Posts: 6,306
    watching it is pretty good, but it's annoying that half the time your looking where the puck is :lol:
  • Andy, so your taking hockey lessons while learning to skate?
    Very bold, I see a board with your shoulder imprint on it :D
  • Andy
    Well the course is 'Introduction to Ice Hockey'. It's amazing what having a stick in your hand and concentrating on moving the puck does to distract you from thinking about your feet!
  • Andy wrote:
    Well the course is 'Introduction to Ice Hockey'. It's amazing what having a stick in your hand and concentrating on moving the puck does to distract you from thinking about your feet!

+ potato,

Soon the main focus will be the stick and puck, the skates become your new feet and moving around on the ice becomes second nature

Good to see you're enjoying it.

A good friend and business associate of mine is part owner of the Bisons
  • Andy
    I scored my first three wrist shots today. I also landed on my arse attempting a deke. All in, a good session :D
  • Andy
    Ice Hockey - A Real Mans Game!

hockglov_easton_s3.jpg