Being sent to Lloyd's Pharmacy....

Sirius631
Sirius631 Posts: 991
edited April 2011 in The bottom bracket
just as soon as they get their 'contact us' portlet working again.

Dear Sirs,

I wish to complain about the inconsiderate and abusive conduct of one of your drivers experience by members of Walsall Roads C.C. when heading toward Bridgenorth on the morning of Sunday 30th January.

On an uphill section of single carriage main road, three of us were riding single file. As we are all experienced riders, and the road was free of pot holes, we had opted to ride at less than the recommended minimum one metre distance from the curb.

As it was going to be a long ride we were not pushing the pace above ten miles per hour on the uphill section, which coincidently makes it legal to pass the solid white center line to overtake when safe and legal to do so, a basic fact that seems to have bypassed the driver of the car first in line behind us.

Second in line was you vehicle, registration number KW08AKJ, who, when passing close, sounded his horn (not the correct use of the horn), and shouted obscenities out of his passenger window.

There has been a lot of talk of a mandatory minimum space allowance for cyclists, but a precidence has already been set in case law. Six foot is the space that is called for, 1 metre of which I have already stated as the minimum recommended position of a cyclist from the curb. If referring to the Highway Code, drivers are called on to give as much room to cyclists as they do to cars, which means your driver should have been over the other side of the road anyway.

As a matter of course, I wish to know of the training plans for your vehicle operators, as the skill exhibited in this instance is, in my opinion, on parr with a barely trained pedestrian. I would also like to know of corrective action planned over this incident and that the driver is enlightened as to the wisdom of such behavior when driving a vehicle with company logo when moving at a speed at which the registration number can be read.

Your's faithfully,
etc,etc.
To err is human, but to make a real balls up takes a super computer.

Comments

• ChrisSA
    ChrisSA Posts: 455
    I have made phone calls along similar lines before.
    Just make sure you re-read it again and correct and missing letters before sending! :D
  • Lagavulin
    Lagavulin Posts: 1,688
    Top work. Wish I had the inclination to follow up on such incidents. Other than blowing kisses, shrugging shoulders or hoying the Vs at the offender I tend to let it go but good on you. Much of my riding is done alone so it is difficult to get people to come forward as witnesses (though I've had quite a few pedestrians vounteer when cars have ran through priority junctions).

Hope any punishment doesn't involve a good seeing to by Philippa Forrester. I've wanted that since I was in school. :lol:
  • jgsi
    jgsi Posts: 5,062
    Dont just email it.. send it in via post from club secretary.. I dont think that companies like to respond to the written word but I bet it gets more attention than a few lines on a computer screen.
  • Sirius631
    Sirius631 Posts: 991
    JGSI wrote:
    Dont just email it.. send it in via post from club secretary.. I dont think that companies like to respond to the written word but I bet it gets more attention than a few lines on a computer screen.

I am the club Race Secretary
    To err is human, but to make a real balls up takes a super computer.
  • i would sent it to the MD aswell
  • Couple of corrections and changes
    Dear Sirs,

I wish to complain about the inconsiderate and abusive conduct of one of your drivers experienced by members of Walsall Roads C.C. when heading toward Bridgenorth on the morning of Sunday 30th January.

On an uphill section of single carriage main road, three members were riding single file. As we are all experienced riders, and the road was free of pot holes, we had opted to ride at less than the recommended minimum one metre distance from the curb.

It was going to be a long ride so we were not pushing the pace above ten miles per hour on the uphill section, which coincidently makes it legal to pass the solid white center line to overtake when safe and legal to do so, a basic fact that seems to have bypassed the driver of the car first in line behind us.

Second in line was your vehicle, registration number KW08AKJ, who, when passing close, sounded his horn (not the correct use of the horn), and shouted obscenities out of his passenger window.

There has been a lot of talk of a mandatory minimum space allowance for cyclists, but a precidence has already been set in case law. Six foot is the space that is called for, one metre of which I have already stated as the minimum recommended position of a cyclist from the curb. If referring to the Highway Code, drivers are called on to give as much room to cyclists as they do to cars, which means your driver should have been over the other side of the road anyway.

As a matter of course, I would be interested to know of the training plans for your vehicle operators, as the skill exhibited in this instance is, in my opinion, on parr with a barely trained pedestrian. I would also like to know of corrective action planned over this incident and that the driver is enlightened as to the wisdom of such behavior when driving a vehicle with company logo when moving at a speed at which the registration number can be read.

Your's faithfully,
    etc,etc.
  • Couple of corrections and changes
    Dear Sirs,

I wish to complain about the inconsiderate and abusive conduct of one of your drivers experienced by members of Walsall Roads C.C. when heading toward Bridgenorth on the morning of Sunday 30th January.

On an uphill section of single carriage main road, three members were riding single file. As we are all experienced riders, and the road was free of pot holes, we had opted to ride at less than the recommended minimum one metre distance from the curb.

It was going to be a long ride so we were not pushing the pace above ten miles per hour on the uphill section, which coincidently makes it legal to pass the solid white center line to overtake when safe and legal to do so, a basic fact that seems to have bypassed the driver of the car first in line behind us.

Second in line was your vehicle, registration number KW08AKJ, who, when passing close, sounded his horn (not the correct use of the horn), and shouted obscenities out of his passenger window.

There has been a lot of talk of a mandatory minimum space allowance for cyclists, but a precidence has already been set in case law. Six foot is the space that is called for, one metre of which I have already stated as the minimum recommended position of a cyclist from the curb. If referring to the Highway Code, drivers are called on to give as much room to cyclists as they do to cars, which means your driver should have been over the other side of the road anyway.

As a matter of course, I would be interested to know of the training plans for your vehicle operators, as the skill exhibited in this instance is, in my opinion, on parr with a barely trained pedestrian. I would also like to know of corrective action planned over this incident and that the driver is enlightened as to the wisdom of such behavior when driving a vehicle with company logo when moving at a speed at which the registration number can be read.

Your's faithfully,
    etc,etc.

You could also change ''a precidence'' to ''a precedent'' and ''on parr'' to ''on a par'' - but I wouldn't worry too much about those details.

It's not about word grammar, it's about road grammar
  • giant_man
    giant_man Posts: 6,878
    But it is better for the grammar to be correct, shows you're on the pulse! :wink:
  • Tom M
    Tom M Posts: 37
    You might want to spell Bridgnorth correctly too whilst you're at at...
  • iainment
    iainment Posts: 992
    Seems a bit pompous and condescending to me, if I received that letter I'd have problems taking on board the valid points you make.
    Old hippies don't die, they just lie low until the laughter stops and their time comes round again.
    Joseph Gallivan
  • Sirius631 wrote:
    .... we had opted to ride at less than the recommended minimum one metre distance from the curb.

Whilst curb is acceptable and the usual US spelling, kerb is the more usual spelling in the UK and is the spelling used in the Highway Code.

I hope your letter makes a difference. I complained to Asda last year about a delivery driver following my car too closely down a steep hill covered in ice. I don't know whether it made the driver a more careful driver, but it certainly made me feel better.
  • have you sent it yet?
  • challengedavid
    challengedavid Posts: 273
    edited April 2011
    did anything happen with this?
  • Aggieboy
    Aggieboy Posts: 3,996
    did anything happen with this?

He never got a reply. He got the address wrong as well, and sent it to Lloyds Bank.
    "There's a shortage of perfect breasts in this world, t'would be a pity to damage yours."
  • shouldbeinbed
    shouldbeinbed Posts: 2,660
    Nurrgh Zombie thread Nurrgh.

also what training do you need to be a pedestrrian (or even a barely trained one) :wink: