Embankment Peloton

itboffin
itboffin Posts: 20,052
edited March 2011 in Commuting chat
Last week myself and a few friends rode out from the city to Richmond Park did a casual lap and returned, whilst the traffic was generally nasty the park was a delight that time of the night, so much so I'm considering adding a lap of the park to my weekly schedule.

Nothing fancy or fast just a ride out, lap & back, purely social.

Anyone else interested in joining me/us?
Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.

Comments

• jzed
    jzed Posts: 2,926
    itboffin wrote:
    Last week myself and a few friends rode out from the city to Richmond Park did a casual lap and returned, whilst the traffic was generally nasty the park was a delight that time of the night, so much so I'm considering adding a lap of the park to my weekly schedule.

Let me know when and I'll join again.....how about a pint afterwards in the Roebuck too.
  • itboffin
    JZed wrote:
    itboffin wrote:

Let me know when and I'll join again.....how about a pint afterwards in the Roebuck too.

Genius sir simply genius :wink:

The first round will be on me.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • mattsaw
    mattsaw Posts: 907
    What time of the day?
    Bianchi C2C - Ritte Bosberg - Cervelo R3
    Strava
  • itboffin
    After work innit like 18:00-18:30 ish
  • mattsaw
    mattsaw Posts: 907
    itboffin wrote:
    After work innit like 18:00-18:30 ish

I'll give a a shout if I'm late one day, unfortunately my after work stint through RP is around 4.30.
    Bianchi C2C - Ritte Bosberg - Cervelo R3
    Strava
  • hatbeard
    hatbeard Posts: 1,087
    I need to up my mileage now to start getting ready for my tri training so I'd be well up for this so long as it's not a friday eve.

the roebucks not a bad pub either and it's on my way home :D
    Hat + Beard
  • I need to do laps tomorrow eve so if anyone's about that time, it'd be good to see a friendly face.
  • itboffin
    I need to do laps tomorrow eve so if anyone's about that time, it'd be good to see a friendly face.

I'll be leaving the big smoke at home time, will post here beforehand :wink:
  • itboffin
    hatbeard wrote:
    I need to up my mileage now to start getting ready for my tri training so I'd be well up for this so long as it's not a friday eve.

what's that you say ..? party back at yours?

SUPER
  • jzed
    hatbeard wrote:

Hatbeard - do you mean the Roebuck in Borough? As I meant the Roebuck at Richmond - mind it could be on your way home - just the long way.
  • hatbeard
    ahh yes i meant borough.
    Hat + Beard
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    I would be, although I'm not leaving at consistent times at the moment. Let me know when you're going.

Note though that the cull starts next week (I double-check this when I ride through in the morning).
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • jzed
    As on the MTB today planning on heading the park and a lap at a social pace. Leaving the city around 5.30-5.40 if anyone is heading that way.
  • I checked the park posters about the Deer Cull last night:

From 7th February, the pedestrian gates will be shut at 20.00

I think this lasts a month or so.
  • I'm thoroughly bored of doing slow laps of RP in the car with sleeping beauty in the back, me checking out the many and varied riders/bikes, and plenty of funny looks in return! I'm in if i can offload Jr ie bit of notice.
    Bianchi Nirone C2C FCN4
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 27,487
    Hang on, is that laps of RP specifically to get littl'un off to sleep? Ours is a bit of an insomniac, but it's not got that bad yet. If so, you have my sympathy.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • Yep, drop his mum off at work in New Malden and he gets some kip with a slow smooth drive and i get to watch others doing what i'd love to do. won't be long before i'm chasing him round there on his bike though he's 11 months already...
    Bianchi Nirone C2C FCN4
  • itboffin
    Have you considered taking the bike with, then leaving the little-un whilst you knock out a few laps?

I hear the deer make excellent babysitters ....

This may not be true
  • jzed
    Yep, drop his mum off at work in New Malden and he gets some kip with a slow smooth drive and i get to watch others doing what i'd love to do. won't be long before i'm chasing him round there on his bike though he's 11 months already...

One of these, park up and lap

113650069.jpg
  • rjsterry
    That's some form of self-imposed torture, surely? We've not got as far as using the car as a sleep aid yet, but we have been known to push the pram backwards and forwards round the living room at 4am (with littl'un in it obviously, we're not completely mental).
    Pinnacle Monzonite

• Thanks for the tips, The deer do look very good with kids. All i need to do now is re discover my mental soundtrack, Foo Fighters, Manic St Preachers etc all i have at the mo is the wheels on the bus and the theme tune to Waybuloo. Not good.
    Bianchi Nirone C2C FCN4
  • rjsterry
    Although a bit hippy-dippy, Waybuloo is definitely preferable to Green Balloon Club - takes insufferable smugness to previously unimagined levels. For a while, quietly whistling the In the Night Garden theme was a sure way to get the littl'un to sleep, but she's decided that she doesn't like me doing it now.

We should probably let them have their thread back :oops:
    Pinnacle Monzonite

• Gussio
    Gussio Posts: 2,452
    YO-GOOOOOOOOOOO!
  • itboffin
    Tuesday next week, who's in?
  • hatbeard
    I run on tuesdays so for that reason I'm out.
    Hat + Beard
  • wvanry
    wvanry Posts: 78
    I'm in....
  • asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440
    Might be in. It's on the way home, but I'd need to make a decision on the day.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
    Sun - Cervelo R3
    Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX
  • jzed
    I'm a likely
  • itboffin
    wvanry wrote:
    I'm in....

hmmm, you sure you're up to it old man?
  • notsoblue
    notsoblue Posts: 5,756
    Bless me Father, for I have sinned. It has been three weeks since my last proper commute.

I'm in.