Track Floor Pump

AORboyo
AORboyo Posts: 53
edited February 2011 in Workshop
I need a new Track Floor pump, mine's just seen better days........What do you good folk recommend???

Cheers!!!

Comments

• gazeds
    gazeds Posts: 182
    joeblow pump, had one for 4yrs no problems
  • acidstrato
    acidstrato Posts: 945
    edited January 2011
    +1 topeak joe blow
    Crafted in Italy apparantly
  • keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    I just bought a Joe Blow Sport II. Used it once so far, so not exactly a long term test, but it's lovely! And very yellow.
  • navrig
    navrig Posts: 1,352
    Joe Blow for last fe years. Been brilliant and reliable.
  • Wappygixer
    Wappygixer Posts: 1,396
    SKS Rennkompressor, spares will be available for years and almost every part can be replaced.
    Not the cheapest but a good quality workshop pump that will probably last you the rest of your life.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Joe Blow for me too.
  • silca track pump....had it for over twenty years.
    Just the occassional grease to keep the seal going and cant fault it.

I did buy a topeak floor pump (joe blow sound about right) for the mountain bikes but find it struggles to get 120psi for the road bike....so I still use the silca for that.
  • Wappygixer wrote:
    SKS Rennkompressor, spares will be available for years and almost every part can be replaced.
    Not the cheapest but a good quality workshop pump that will probably last you the rest of your life.

I had one of these and it was utter crap, fell apart within 6 months. My Joe Blow is 5 years old and still going strong
    Basso Astra
    Principia Ellipse SX
    Kinesis Racelight 4S
    Kinesis Crosslight Pro Disc
  • ride_whenever
    ride_whenever Posts: 13,279
    Airace have one of the best heads on the market IME.
  • Joe blow pro. Solid metal construction & no problem with 120psi.

Mine's plenty old. Survived a houseful of London Couriers & they are, well, heavy handed.

Topeak reps are good with repairs, well outside of any 1 year warranty period.

One of the things to get from your LBS, so that you can take it in, which you can't if you save a fiver on the internet.