Eurosport 2011 Cycling Coverage

inkyfingers
inkyfingers Posts: 4,400
edited March 2011 in Pro race
http://www.cyclingweekly.co.uk/news/lat ... erage.html

Looks like even more than last year. Only thing missing from last year is the Crit International...but looks like we get GW instead.
"I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)

Comments

• afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    No Tour of California? It must be because we dropped it off the PTP calendar last year (thus reducing it's stature as an internationally important race).
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,612
    Still no Het Volk or Harelbeke :(
  • At the risk of being called obsessed, I wonder if it has something to do with Lance?
    He rode both the Crit Int and, of course Cali, although, I would still expect him to turn out at the latter. :?
    Are they continuing with Planet Armstrong?

Of course, knowing UKES, this list is probably not definitive.
    Coverage of events may be subject to change. Events marked TBC are to be confirmed.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • inkyfingers
    inkyfingers Posts: 4,400
    afx237vi wrote:
    No Tour of California? It must be because we dropped it off the PTP calendar last year (thus reducing it's stature as an internationally important race).

I didn't notice cali was missing....wonder why that was! Though it did look cracking in HD.
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,612
    At the risk of being called obsessed, I wonder if it has something to do with Lance?
    He rode both the Crit Int and, of course Cali, although, I would still expect him to turn out at the latter. :?

Coverage of events may be subject to change. Events marked TBC are to be confirmed.

HD Eurosport, with its international schedule, is the way forward.
  • HD certainly had more coverage, last year.
    Also missing from that list is Poland and ENECO.
    I expect these and Cali will make the screen, once the organizers pull their fingers out.
  • Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    No Monte Paschi? Now there's a race just screaming out for TV coverage and worth of a spring 'classic'
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..
  • squired
    squired Posts: 1,153
    The TOC website last year was one of the best race sites I've seen and the quality of the video streams was great. If Eurosport wasn't airing the race, but the website was similar to last year I wouldn't complain.

When you add up the number of days of racing Eurosport is showing it is pretty good. Having said that, hopefully a few extra races will appear as the season progresses (like ENECO).
  • Maybe G-W this year. Bosh
  • moray_gub
    moray_gub Posts: 3,328
    At the risk of being called obsessed, I wonder if it has something to do with Lance?

Given the nonsense being spouted against the TOC a month or so back i would imagine a few would be happy its not being shown...........Don't understand why cycling fans should take this view as for me the more races the better on the box but hey ho there ya go !
    Gasping - but somehow still alive !
  • sonny73
    sonny73 Posts: 2,203
    Sunday 12.00 ToQ, at last cycling back on TV :Dhttp://tv.eurosport.co.uk/
  • squired
    I'm wondering if there will be one more race (Strade Bianche) added to the list based on this article:

http://www.velonation.com/News/ID/7313/ ... works.aspx
  • according to twitter the strade bianche will be on eurosport

guess that giro stage might have had something to do with it.
  • sonny73
    dave milne wrote:
    according to twitter the strade bianche will be on eurosport

guess that giro stage might have had something to do with it.
    That's good news and if it's anything like that stage then good times.
  • andyrr
    andyrr Posts: 1,819
    GP Costa degli Etruschi on Rai is RAI2 : not FTA ?
  • Doobz
    Doobz Posts: 2,800
    andyrr wrote:
    GP Costa degli Etruschi on Rai is RAI2 : not FTA ?

Rai 2 Sport is FTA and so is Rai Uno, Duo, Tre
    cartoon.jpg
  • We have our answer.
    Strade Bianche NOT live on Italian tv and NOT on Eurosport.
    19-30 to 20-30CET on Rai Sport 2.
    The only possibilty of live coverage appears to be from Gazzetto dello Sport's live feed.

Of course, this is Italy we are talking about, so things could still change.
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 21,812
    Early heads up for UK Eurosport's weekend and next week's schedule.
    First, the bad news. No live Gent-Wevelgem, but 2 and a half hours of this race, plus the Criterium International, straight after the World Track champs, this Sunday, at 5-30pm BST.

Now the good news.
    Brit Eurosport 2 has full live coverage of the 3 days of De Panne back!
    All 4 stages, Tuesday to Thursday. :)
  • sonny73
    Early heads up for UK Eurosport's weekend and next week's schedule.
    First, the bad news. No live Gent-Wevelgem, but 2 and a half hours of this race, plus the Criterium International, straight after the World Track champs, this Sunday, at 5-30pm BST.

Now the good news.
    Brit Eurosport 2 has full live coverage of the 3 days of De Panne back!
    All 4 stages, Tuesday to Thursday. :)
    Sweet, cheers for that heads up I hadn't spotted that. Shame about GW not being live but I guess 90min of recorded footage is better than nowt.
  • Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    If David Harmon is fronting lots of this then great news.
  • squired
    A very useful link for anyone with Eurosport:

http://tv.eurosport.co.uk/search.shtml?query=cycling