Cube Agree SL 2011

andi1363
andi1363 Posts: 350
edited March 2011 in Your road bikes
Picked her up Friday and have put about 100 miles on since. Very stiff and responsive. First time I have had Shimano STI's after being a Campagnolo die hard :lol: Not convinced yet but they are good value :!: The only thing that will have to be changed is the saddle as my butt is somewhat tender now lol.
CubeAgreeSL001.jpg
CubeAgreeSL004.jpg
CubeAgreeSL005.jpg
CubeAgreeSL006.jpg

Comments

• benno68
    benno68 Posts: 1,689
    Nice bike! I'm sure you'll get used to the Ultegra, the shifting is crisp and precise IMO.

Enjoy it!

Pinarello Dogma 2 (ex Team SKY) 2012
    Cube Agree GTC Ultegra 2012
    Giant Defy 105 2009
  • taimur
    taimur Posts: 173
    That color is sex!

I was cheap and saved some money, bought the 2010 version in "White'n Racing Red". But its grown on me.

Only put a 100 kms on it so far.. still trying to get used to the fit after the road bike. I am a first time road biker so i dont have much to compare with...how do you like the bike so far? How would you compare iit to the other bikes you may have ridden in the same price?
    1996 Cannondale M500 CAAD3 (Hardtail MTB)
    2007 Cannondale F700 CAAD
    2010 Cube Agree SL (Road, retired)
    2011 Cube Litening Super HPC DI2 Frame, with Ultegra Di2 Components
  • Did you fit a shorter stem?
  • brin
    brin Posts: 1,122
    Smart looking bike, got a good ' stealth look' about it, i would change the saddle too sore a*se or not.
  • MarcBC
    MarcBC Posts: 333
    A great looking bike Andy. Looking forward to seeing the back wheel when we next get out! :D
  • If that rides as good as it looks then it should be awesome.

Nice to see aluminium too !!
    Mens agitat molem
  • andi1363
    I not really had the chance to do her justice :? . When I rode the first time, I knew something was up but could not pinpoint it. That evening My legs became unusually painful and the penny dropped. I had the saddle too high as I had neglected the fact that the cranks are 2.5mm longer. When I set the saddle height, I did it from the centre of the bottom bracket. I rode again the next day with the correct height but by then my legs were not in the best condition. Roll on tomorrow for another session :D
  • taimur
    so how do you compare it to the other bikes you have ridden before?
  • andi1363
    taimur wrote:
    so how do you compare it to the other bikes you have ridden before?

Well this could be quite long winded as I have owned 17 road bikes sice I was 12 :lol: .

However, the only bike that comes close is this beauty.
    Roadbike.jpg

Both are very light and stiff. Not really done enough miles to form much of an opinion to be honest. Last nights ride was 30 mins at Level 3 (15-25bpm below max) and fairly intense. All I can say is that this session was just as hard as last week on the winter bike :wink:
  • andi1363
    300 miles completed and still finding out more. The saddle had to be changed for my usual Flite Genuine Gel. I like the shallow bars as I can ride in the drops 8) . Need to get some for the other bike. Not sure about the Easton wheels. The rear makes a noise that suggests the spokes are too loose. Also get enough rim deflection when climbing to cause brake rub :? Some thing to mention at the free service :idea:
  • andi1363
    Bike is back in the shop :( . Rear hub is being looked at and I suspect premature bearing failure. Excess play, creaking which cahnges to squeaking after bike washing for a day or so :?

Edit *Rear hub bearings are shot with less than 700 miles. New wheel is being sorted*
  • taimur
    write to Cube ;)