drop off cafe

sum8ur
sum8ur Posts: 19
edited January 2011 in MTB general
is there an online petition or anything protesting about the loss of the drop off cafe ive just watched a bike test on singletracks midweek videos and its done in the empty cafe

Comments

• cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    The what?
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • popstar
    popstar Posts: 1,392
    New owners there will be better, or so we all hope. If you know what I mean.

But soup they served was epic!
    What could have been (Video)

I'll choose not put too much stake into someone's opinion who is admittingly terrible though
  • sum8ur
    how can new people make it better it was perfect already
  • popstar
    They would make it better if on top of it all they would serve BigMacs, my all time favourite !

I'll choose not put too much stake into someone's opinion who is admittingly terrible though
  • sum8ur
    i dont believe you have ever been there popstar
  • ilovedirt
    ilovedirt Posts: 5,798
    Well your description of the place is so vague it could be bloody anywhere couldn't it!
    Production Privee Shan

B'Twin Triban 5
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    I assume it's the one at Glyncorrwg. The guy who ran it is setting up a mobile business instead. Anyway there's a Facebook page on it apparently.

http://www.tredzblog.co.uk/2010/12/drop ... oses-.html

BigMac! Sugar, salt and fatty "100%" (except for all the crap in the seasoning) beef squished into a thin slice they claim is a burger. :shock:

:P

Guess you can tell I'm not a fan :D. Though I can still be tempted by a greasy manky burger in the right conditions, usually the day after a night of beers. Burger King is better though.
  • The video you are referring to is this presumably...

http://vimeo.com/18977779
  • P-Jay
    P-Jay Posts: 1,478
    It's not going, it's sad to hear that the orginal owner is leaving or has left, it's really a fantastic cafe / bar, especially in the summer! Chilli Jacket and a Bulmers on the Balcony after a lap of Whites is fantastic.

It's especially bad how poorly the centre owners treated him, although I've never heard their side of the story.

The people who are taking over run the cycle shop downstairs and they've always been very nice whenever I've gone in there so I don't suspect it'll 'go to the dogs'.
  • popstar
    Sum8ur, once upon a time I had soup and lasagne. Couldn't finish it. Quality stuff, but I certainly wouldn't say it was epic ... nothing can come close to Peaslake's cheesestraw'n'tea. Fact.

Hoochylala thanks for link, now I want to buy all bikes they advertise.

• miss notax
    miss notax Posts: 2,572
    Their lasagne and spicy pots were legendary.....

I'm very sorry that they are going (or have they already gone?)! Off to Afan this weekend and it won't be the same if they are not there!!
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the number of moments that take your breath away....

Riding a gorgeous ano orange Turner Burner!

Sponsor the CC2CC at http://www.justgiving.com/cc2cc
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    As a local i have had good and bad from the drop off cafe, very much like any other cafe nothing exceptional.

As a local this is a change over that i will wait for a bit and see what we get before commenting if it was truly a good or bad move.
  • sum8ur
    we will just have to see what the future holds