CycleInstead: Chiang Mai to Edinburgh Epic Tour 2011

CycleInstead
CycleInstead Posts: 3
edited January 2011 in Tour & expedition
On April 15th of this year, my cycling partner and I will embark on a 15,000 km journey across 19 countries. Our tour will begin in Chiang Mai, Thailand and finish in Edinburgh, Scotland. The aim of the journey is to raise awareness of suicide prevention and mental health issues. Our goal is to raise 20,000 pounds for our partner charity the Scottish Association for Mental Health, (SAMH).

Please check out our website for more information at www.cycleinstead.com

At present, we are open to offers of corporate sponsorship for the project as well as equipment donations from companies. If you would like to help our fundraising efforts please donate to SAMH, our chosen charity.

Thanks and happy cycling!

Jaye
jaye at cycleinstead dot com

Comments

• sheffsimon
    sheffsimon Posts: 1,282
    On April 15th of this year, my cycling partner and I will embark on a 15,000 km journey across 19 countries. Our tour will begin in Chiang Mai, Thailand and finish in Edinburgh, Scotland. The aim of the journey is to raise awareness of suicide prevention and mental health issues. Our goal is to raise 20,000 pounds for our partner charity the Scottish Association for Mental Health, (SAMH).

Please check out our website for more information at www.cycleinstead.com

Currently we are seeking sponsorship for the tour, equipment donations, and financial contributions towards our partner charity.

Thanks and happy cycling!

Jaye
    jaye at cycleinstead dot com

Presume some of the sponsorship will pay for food, transport etc. Why not pay for your own holiday, sorry bike ride, and donate ALL monies to the charity?
  • amaferanga
    amaferanga Posts: 6,789
    Good of you to join the forum to give us the opportunity to give you some money.
    More problems but still living....
  • This is a charity bike ride that I set up for myself in order to try to raise awareness of, and money for a suicide prevention charity after losing my best friend to suicide. I am not asking for your money, I am encouraging you to take a look at my site and from there if you would like to donate to my chosen charity, you can. I have been working very hard here in Chiang Mai for the last 2 years saving from a small Thai salary in order to go on this journey, I will pay for my own food, accommodation, visas, insurance,etc. I have been very lucky in that some big companies really support my journey and have given me a couple of jackets and some panniers. If I am to receive corporate sponsorship, that would pay for communication equipment that I would otherwise not be able to afford. Not a necessity but something that would certainly make my parents happier.
    Thanks
    Abi
    Project founder
    www.cycleinstead.com
  • pneumatic
    pneumatic Posts: 1,989
    Don't worry about amaretto; for some undisclosed reason, he's very bitter about some other long distance cyclists. :wink: :

http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtop ... t=12681669

Hope it all goes well, that you have some adventures, get home in one piece and raise some money.

Fast and Bulbous
    Peregrinations
    Eddingtons: 80 (Metric); 60 (Imperial)

• Good luck with the journey! However did you read about the guy who cycled to the ashes! EFFORT!
  • amaferanga
    amaferanga Posts: 6,789
    pneumatic wrote:
    Don't worry about amaretto; for some undisclosed reason, he's very bitter about some other long distance cyclists. :wink: :

http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtop ... t=12681669

Hope it all goes well, that you have some adventures, get home in one piece and raise some money.

Nothing against long distance cycling or cyclists at all. I just disagree with turning every long bike ride into a charity ride....
    More problems but still living....