5523135722_817836a372_z.jpg

Full Specification:

Specialized Allez A1 Premium Aluminum Frame With Carbon Fork & Carbon Seatpost
Shimano Sora Groupset With Shimano Tiagra Rear Mech
Shimano Ultegra 6700 Wheelset
Vittoria Rubino Pro White/Black Tyres
San Marco Ponza Saddle
Look Keo 2 Max Pedals
Cateye Strada Wireless Cycling Computer ... Soon To Be Garmin Edge 500!
Elite Custom Race Black/White Bottle Cages

Comments

• I like it,would look better with some white fizik microtex bar tape IMO.
  • SDK2007
    SDK2007 Posts: 782
    Looks good.
    The seat post is carbon wrapped alu
  • Yerh I Agree! But, Its winter:/ so, I put black bar tape on. I will upload another picture of it with new Garmin Edge GPS Cycling Computer & White Bar Tape Soon :)

I Have upgraded it over the last year, with the newest upgrade being the light Shimano Ultegra 6700 Wheelset. I am upgrading to a new carbon bike next year or the end of this year hopefully so then this will be my winter bike.

Thanks,
  • that is a beautiful bike! makes me feel stupid for not putting the extra money in for the sport. Just looks ace in white.
  • Yerh It is nice, but, get dirty very easily:/ Had it a year done & its been through everything. Would recommend it highly and I have upgraded this so It is even better.
  • denty85 wrote:
    that is a beautiful bike! makes me feel stupid for not putting the extra money in for the sport. Just looks ace in white.

Yeah it looks a lot better than my silver 2010 Allez triple - which I managed to smear grease all over.

Great bike though, can't fault it, and value at £450 (never mind at £250 on RTW scheme).
  • Yerh Specialized paint jobs are very good quality. As my first road bike, It is a very good bike and will be my winter soon.
  • very nice bike,

i have this but in 18 gears version,

the white tape will really improve it :wink:
  • Yes, White Bar Tape is for summer!
  • 06townsonj
    06townsonj Posts: 509
    Here is the bike with new Specialized White Bar Tape!

5523135722_817836a372_z.jpg
  • carl_p
    carl_p Posts: 989
    Nice, that looks better.

Is that a name graphic on the top tube? I so where did you get them from?
    Specialized Venge S Works
    Cannondale Synapse
    Enigma Etape
    Genesis Flyer Single Speed

Turn the corner, rub my eyes and hope the world will last...
  • 06townsonj
    Yes, It does look better. It is my name it cost £10 for 4 stickers from the Dolan factory in Ormskirk.
  • 06townsonj
    Yes, It does look better. It is my name it cost £10 for 4 stickers from the Dolan factory in Ormskirk.
  • brin
    brin Posts: 1,122
    Nice bike, but FFS change your computer sensor to the front of the fork, tis an accident waiting to happen.
  • 06townsonj
    Nice bike, but FFS change your computer sensor to the front of the fork, tis an accident waiting to happen.

Why is it an accident waiting to happen?

Ive rode this bike for over a year with the computer sensor like this.
  • izza
    izza Posts: 1,561
    If you end up pushing the sensor closer to the wheel (say, with battery weakening, or after puncture repair), the sensor could catch on the spokes.

As the bike goes forward, the top of the wheel comes past the sensor going forward as well. If the spokes touch then you risk the sensor getting flicked further forward in towards the centre of the wheels vertical alignment and causing more damage.

If the sensor was on the front of the fork, if the wheel touched the sensor it would brush it away from the spokes and thus cause no damage.
  • brin
    brin Posts: 1,122
    izza wrote:
    If you end up pushing the sensor closer to the wheel (say, with battery weakening, or after puncture repair), the sensor could catch on the spokes.

As the bike goes forward, the top of the wheel comes past the sensor going forward as well. If the spokes touch then you risk the sensor getting flicked further forward in towards the centre of the wheels vertical alignment and causing more damage.

If the sensor was on the front of the fork, if the wheel touched the sensor it would brush it away from the spokes and thus cause no damage.

couldn't have put it better myself :)

FWIW many computers come with instructions showing the sensor 'hid' on the rear of the fork (as you have probably done) this is to avoid any debris from the road hitting the sensor and breaking it, only debris i find on my forks is horse s**t and dead flies :wink:
  • 06townsonj
    Thanks for advice. Will change the sensor to prevent damage!