Short Gopro HD film - Lake District Biking

mattbibbings
mattbibbings Posts: 95
edited January 2011 in Routes
Hey folks,

I recently got a Gopro HD for filming my kayaking exploits but it also seems to come in handy for biking! I tried it out on an ace ride in the Lakes on saturday and this film is the result. Hope you like it.

Matt

Comments

• welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    nice video mate, the ride looks nice aswell. where is it? :D
  • Really enjoyed that - thanks for sharing. Looks like a fun ride/route? You have any details on it you don't mind sharing please? Keep meaning to get up to the Lakes. PM me if you prefer :)
  • Very good video - really enjoyed it. Was that shot using the full Go Pro HD Hero or was that the 960 model?
    Specialized FSR XC Expert 2010
  • Looks like a fun route. Any chance of a route description?

Nice vid by the way.
  • MarcBC
    MarcBC Posts: 333
    Just about to watch this. I would also be interested to know what editing software you used?

I am using Premiere Elements 9 and it seems rather clunky in operation.
  • Route wise this was Troutbeck, jenkins crag, ambleside, Loughrigg fell, skelwith Bridge. iron keld, Hodgeclose, High Tiberthwaite,Elterwater, Loughrigg Terrace, Rydal and back into Ambleside. Then Jenkins Crag and back to troutbeck

Camera used was proper GoproHD but shot at 960p to get wider angle.

Editing software was Windows live moviemaker.

If you want something free that comes close, Videopad videoeditor is good too.
  • PamPen25
    PamPen25 Posts: 111
    Cool vid. 8)

Looks like fun.
  • welshkev
    Route wise this was Troutbeck, jenkins crag, ambleside, Loughrigg fell, skelwith Bridge. iron keld, Hodgeclose, High Tiberthwaite,Elterwater, Loughrigg Terrace, Rydal and back into Ambleside. Then Jenkins Crag and back to troutbeck

are all those routes waymarked or would it involve reading a map?

bear in mind i've never been to the lakes :lol:
  • desmojen
    desmojen Posts: 136
    Nice video, very enjoyable. I like the music too, makes a nice change :)

Jen.
  • welshkev wrote:
    Route wise this was Troutbeck, jenkins crag, ambleside, Loughrigg fell, skelwith Bridge. iron keld, Hodgeclose, High Tiberthwaite,Elterwater, Loughrigg Terrace, Rydal and back into Ambleside. Then Jenkins Crag and back to troutbeck

are all those routes waymarked or would it involve reading a map?

bear in mind i've never been to the lakes :lol:

Defo need to read a map for this one. Not witchcraft though.
  • welshkev
    cheers mate,

i'll have a look at that sometime :D