Rockshox Tora TK?

Mr OCD
Mr OCD Posts: 382
edited January 2011 in MTB workshop & tech
Are these forks any good? I was under the impression they are very good yet compared to my Tora RS 318 they feel very poor... Despite adjusting all the settings...

We did around 20km yesterday at Gisburn and the front end on my mates Carrera vengeance ultimate was very very bouncy... Any ideas why? I cranked the preload and rebound up a bit but although helped still wasn't that good!
2009 Carrera Fury

Comments

• ilovedirt
    ilovedirt Posts: 5,798
    "cranked the rebound up"... As in you cranked up the rebound damping or made the rebound faster? You need to make the rebound slower (more rebound damping).

Turnkey damping isn't great anyway.

Cranking the preload up should have made some sort of difference though...
    Production Privee Shan

B'Twin Triban 5
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    I cranked the preload and rebound up a bit

is quite a contradiction.

what did you do Crank it around or just move it a bit?
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • Mr OCD
    Turned the pre load up to max and slowed the rebound down...
    2009 Carrera Fury
  • gasgas
    gasgas Posts: 33
    the rebound damping hardly makes any difference on the tora,

im not sure whether carrera size the springs according to the bike size, they may be under sprung for your weight?
  • Mr OCD
    gasgas wrote:
    the rebound damping hardly makes any difference on the tora,

im not sure whether carrera size the springs according to the bike size, they may be under sprung for your weight?

Makesa difference on my tora rs318 though...

Springs may help but my mate isn't heavy... Would say 80kg.
    2009 Carrera Fury
  • birch1983
    birch1983 Posts: 124
    I rode Sherwood Pines on my Carrera Vengeance Ultimate Ltd at the weekend that has the same forks. I struggled with them a little at first but a passer by told me and showed me how to set the forks up correctly. They didn't seem bad at all to me after the adjustments were made and I'll be honest I did throw the bike around quite a bit.