I'm a little bit concerned

Frank the tank
Frank the tank Posts: 6,553
edited January 2011 in The bottom bracket
My last three rides have been off road on my cross bike and I've really enjoyed them.

Am I "on the turn"?

In my defence I still find Mrs Tank very attractive and enjoy looking at the "women in lycra" thread.
Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.

Comments

• JamieW
    JamieW Posts: 114
    It's ok to be a little bicurious.... Just don't do it too much eh.... :wink::lol:
  • andrewjoseph
    andrewjoseph Posts: 2,165
    on the turn? you mean from a wimpy wussy roadie to a hairy arsed, he man with testosterone pumping out of every pore?

possibly:

do you love mud? do you ride through deep muddy puddles up to your knees cackling like a fool?

can you tell sheep species from the shit in your teeth?

can you repair your bike with just twigs, grass, gaffa tape and zipties. after breaking it to bits (along with and arm or leg or two) on a near vertical mountain side?

until you can say 'yes' to all these (in a very deep voice that will bring doe's following you in the forest) , then you are just an ordinary man.

As for me? I am a mountain biker!

... but i do like a bit of the easy stuff on my road bike, just for a change.

:wink:
    --
    Burls Ti Tourer for Tarmac, Saracen aluminium full suss for trails
  • finchy
    finchy Posts: 6,686
    Can you communicate using fully-formed words and sentences rather than monosyllabic grunts?

If so, you're still a roadie.
  • andrewjoseph
    johnfinch wrote:
    Can you communicate using fully-formed words and sentences rather than monosyllabic grunts?

If so, you're still a roadie.

if you can communicate with fully formed words and sentences, then you are not working hard enough.

which proves my point about he-men (and women) mountain bikers, we work at 190% at all times.

--
  • northernneil
    northernneil Posts: 1,549
    once the temperature gets above 10 and the sunshines you will have a another road hit and the addiction thats has been weened this winter will return
  • holmeboy
    holmeboy Posts: 674
    Crossing to work still but out on the road a few times already :lol: this year, out tommorrow too! Plus a few hills, yeeha!
  • Crapaud
    Crapaud Posts: 2,483
    on the turn? you mean from a wimpy wussy roadie to a hairy arsed, he man with testosterone pumping out of every pore?

possibly:

do you love mud? do you ride through deep muddy puddles up to your knees cackling like a fool?

can you tell sheep species from the shoot in your teeth?

can you repair your bike with just twigs, grass, gaffa tape and zipties. after breaking it to bits (along with and arm or leg or two) on a near vertical mountain side?

until you can say 'yes' to all these (in a very deep voice that will bring doe's following you in the forest) , then you are just an ordinary man.

As for me? I am a mountain biker!... but i do like a bit of the easy stuff on my road bike, just for a change.

Begone, foul demon! Depart this thread, never to darken it again with your vile satanic putresence.

Begone, I say! Return to the darkest pits of hell from whence you came.

The power of Christ compells you!
    ...etc ad infinitum

Regards, Crapaud (witch finder and wickerman artisan (reasonable rates))
    A fanatic is one who can’t change his mind and won’t change the subject - Churchill
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667

possibly:

can you tell sheep species from the shoot in your teeth?

As for me? I am a mountain biker!

... but i do like a bit of the easy stuff on my road bike, just for a change.

:wink:[/quot

Outside. Now. :wink:
  • andrewjoseph
    Crapaud wrote:
    [

Begone, foul demon! Depart this thread, never to darken it again with your vile satanic putresence.

...etc ad infinitum

Steady on chaps, this is cakestop, even devils, witches and mountain bikers are allowed in here!

Can I stay if i be quiet....

... please?
    --
  • Smokin Joe
    Smokin Joe Posts: 2,706
    Mountain bikers sleep with their sisters - FACT!
  • andrewjoseph
    Smokin Joe wrote:

I've not got a sister. :cry:

my wife has ! :lol:

she's a minger. :cry:

Do I really have to sleep with her? :shock:

I've slept with my brothers for years though, does that count?
    --
  • Crapaud
    Crapaud Posts: 2,483
    Crapaud wrote:
    [

...etc ad infinitum

Steady on chaps, this is cakestop, even devils, witches and mountain bikers are allowed in here!

Can I stay if i be quiet....

... please?
    Oh, alright, then. But at the first sign that you're possessing anyone ...

:twisted:
    A fanatic is one who can’t change his mind and won’t change the subject - Churchill
  • andrewjoseph
    Crapaud wrote:

Oh, alright, then. But at the first sign that you're possessing anyone ...

:twisted:

I'll be good! :D

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

oops did I emot that out loud?
    --
  • Wappygixer
    Wappygixer Posts: 1,396
    Smokin Joe wrote:

I've not got a sister. :cry:

my wife has ! :lol:

she's a minger. :cry:

Do I really have to sleep with her? :shock:

I've slept with my brothers for years though, does that count?

Maybe your wifes sister and your brother at the same time??

I used to be an MTBer then I saw the light, nice clean bikes is where its at.
  • Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    Have no fear, because riding a cross-bike is the purest form of off-road biking, not being encumbered with ridiculous amounts of complex components, shocks that leak air and oil, bushings and bearings that wimp-out at the first sign of a puddle and requiring ridiculously low gears to haul a £2.5k bike that weighs 25lbs up a hill when you can breeze past them on something that cost £800.

Unless of course you have a hankering to wear baggy shorts and tops over perfectly decent riding kit, then my friend, you are beyond redemption!
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..
  • Aggieboy
    Aggieboy Posts: 3,996
    "For Christ's sake Frank, please tell me it's not true. YOU look at Girls in Lycra!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

efcf2e68.jpg
    "There's a shortage of perfect breasts in this world, t'would be a pity to damage yours."