Strip and service in Brum

landranger
landranger Posts: 220
edited January 2011 in MTB workshop & tech
Hi all,

I'm out of action for a few weeks with a fractured wrist. I thought it'd be a good time to get the bike stripped down and serviced.
Does anyone know somewhere in Birmingham I could take my Trek or even if it's worth it - oh and how much I might expect to pay?

Ta very much.
Sink the eight ball. Buy the lady a drink. And nobody knows my name.

Comments

• Andy B
    Andy B Posts: 8,115
    depends on exactly what you want doing.

Do you want the suspension servicing?

What model of Trek is it?
    2385861000_d125abe796_m.jpg
  • It's a 2009 EX8 and I've been lucky and had no major mechanical issues since I've had it. It's only every had a clean and oil so was thinking of giving her some TLC and getting it all done I suppose - depending on price. :wink:
  • Andy B
    Andy B Posts: 8,115
    Well if you want both the fork and shock servicing you won't get much change from £200

Then there's the full strip down, clean, re-grease and rebuild, could be around £100 or more

£300 as a rough ball park figure for the lot I'd say

You could save yourself a lot of cash by learning to do it yourself, although you won't be able to do a full service on the shock as they're nitrogen charged, you can only do an air sleeve service
    2385861000_d125abe796_m.jpg
  • I'd love to do it myself but just haven't the space or the patience because of the wrist!

Hmmmm, might just have to be a fork and shock service I guess.
  • whyamihere
    whyamihere Posts: 7,699
    I'm told good things about On Your Bike in Digbeth. Birmingham City Cycles on Bristol Street's supposed to be pretty good too.

I can't give personal recommendations though, as I do all my servicing etc. myself.