Problem in centering HAYES STROKER CALIPER on ROCK SHOX SID

Dadsky
Dadsky Posts: 38
edited January 2011 in MTB workshop & tech
I am trying to fit a hayes storker trail caliper (POST) to a ROCK SHOX SID TEAM fork, also POST mount. I want to use a 160mm disc, meaning the caliper should fit direct to the mount, withour adaptor. (CORRECT?)
However, I cannot stop the caliper from rubbing the inner pads on the disc. I have bled and forced pistons back into the cylinders as I should. There just does not seem to be enough movement in the adjustment slot - Any one any bright ideas?

Comments

• sniper68
    sniper68 Posts: 2,910
    Have you centred the calliper correctly?
  • Dadsky
    Yes, centered according to HAYES & as I have done on previous bike, (I have had the brakes for about 18 months. )which was with IS & using V8 disc & IS adaptor., Now, I am trying to fit to the new fork & with a V6 disc. I have pressed calipers home..cannot understand that the whole body seems to be off center relative to the disc, By a few mm,
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    sticky piston.

does the disc spin freely? if yes no problem.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • Dadsky
    No, the disc won´t spin - is pressed against the pad......Have tried pushing the piston back with 10mm ring spanner.
  • Funnily enough i have recently encountered the same problem with a new set of SID RLT's, and my stroker rydes.

There does not seem to be enough movement in the caliper to centre it on the disc, as a temporary measure I have spaced out the rotor by approx. 2 - 3 mm.

As of yet I am unable to find the problem, hoping to get hold a another brake to see if its just on the strokers.
  • Dadsky
    Yes, I too considered spacing the disc. But decided against i for fear of stripping the thread in the hub.
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    Dadsky
    can you get some Pics later.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown