Next Generation

Pross
Pross Posts: 40,490
edited February 2011 in Track
Nice to see the next generation of GB riders getting success in Beijing. Fantastic effort from Sam Harrison to win the Omnium in his first world cup event, even more impressive as he's still only 18 and Becky James picked up bronze in the Keirin. The future's looking good especially with the likes of Jess Varnish and Lizzy Armistead already established at the top level.

Comments

• Nice to see (sprint):

49 Omar Bertazzo (Ita) 11"8

11"8? I do 12"2 and I'm not an elite sprinter, I am a simple amateur. I did 11"6 when I was juniores (18-19 years old).

And it's one year that the Montichiari velodrome is up, no improvement in our track guys so far. See the team pursuit time? See that we have no IP rider? See the time of our best kilo rider?

...we must begin from scratch, from the beginning, and nowadays it's very hard. I don't think that anyone here knows from where we could start.
  • Sikhandar wrote:
    Nice to see (sprint):

49 Omar Bertazzo (Ita) 11"8

11"8? I do 12"2 and I'm not an elite sprinter, I am a simple amateur. I did 11"6 when I was juniores (18-19 years old).

And it's one year that the Montichiari velodrome is up, no improvement in our track guys so far. See the team pursuit time? See that we have no IP rider? See the time of our best kilo rider?

...we must begin from scratch, from the beginning, and nowadays it's very hard. I don't think that anyone here knows from where we could start.

I've managed a similar time and I'm a middle aged amateur journeyman!
  • Middleaged journeyman Steve, I've always thought of you as an old chopper ;)
  • Middleaged journeyman Steve, I've always thought of you as an old chopper ;)

Is that a reference to my age or riding style? :)