So, they moved the crudcatcher stickies?

Anonymous
Anonymous Posts: 79,667
edited January 2011 in The Crudcatcher
Are they trying to kill the crud from the inside then?
Seems rather pointless having two very similar topic boards to me :roll:

Comments

• Andy
    Andy Posts: 8,207
    They are similar in that they are not bike sections yeah. One section you get to f*ck about a bit, the other you don't. Simple enough for you?
  • Anonymous
    I just don't understand why we need a section where you get to talk crap without fu*king about.
  • Andy
    Because the forum isn't just for you, me or any one person. It's for all the users and if the powers that be want to add sections to cater for different people, so be it.
  • Don't see what the big deal is tbh. You've got the crudcatcher for off-topic chat and a bit of a nob about. and the other one for serious advice and discussion on non-bike related topics.

For example:
    Question: What car should I buy?

Hub answer: What are your needs and your budget, I'd rcommend X car because of Y reasons. Hope that helps.

Crudcatcher answer: You don't need a car, you should move to Rhyll and buy some lime and some string. Failing that, buy a BMW 335d. Hope you get worms, and aids.

As far as I can see, all the topics that were moved were "serious" ones anyway.

That said, and as we are in the crudcatcher:

father-ted-careful-now.jpg
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    I think the new section is an excellent idea, will keep the retards and people with bad aids and worms in one place. Like a little on-line asylum.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • hahahahahahahahahaha
  • Andy
    cooldad wrote:
    I think the new section is an excellent idea, will keep the retards and people with bad aids and worms in one place. Like a little on-line asylum.

Won't you miss the MTB related bits of the forum though?
  • So who had this idea then?
    Formally known as Coatbridgeguy
  • Anonymous
    Don't see what the big deal is tbh. You've got the crudcatcher for off-topic chat and a bit of a nob about. and the other one for serious advice and discussion on non-bike related topics.
    So we have a sub forum, on a cycling forum, about completely unrelated stuff, where we're not allowed to have fun?
  • Don't see what the big deal is tbh. You've got the crudcatcher for off-topic chat and a bit of a nob about. and the other one for serious advice and discussion on non-bike related topics.
    So we have a sub forum, on a cycling forum, about completely unrelated stuff, where we're not allowed to have fun?

Sort of, I do see what you're saying, and I will remain here in the crudcatcher (as I am both a retard, and have aidsworms).
    But you must see that not everyone subscribes to the particular brand of humour some people in here have. Lets face it, some of the stuff we say is pretty offensive.

We have 2 sub-foums on a cycling forum, both about completely unrelated stuff. 1 is for "serious" off-topic stuff, and the other is for general silliness.

Look at it like this. All the boring threads we used to get in here are now going to go over to the other one. Leaving more space for the stuff that really matters, like worms, aids, cyberbullying and Rhyll.
  • cooldad
    Andy wrote:
    cooldad wrote:

Won't you miss the MTB related bits of the forum though?

MTB? Wot?
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • cooldad
    Look at it like this. All the boring threads we used to get in here are now going to go over to the other one. Leaving more space for the stuff that really matters, like worms, aids, cyberbullying and Rhyll.

It's a little known fact that Sheeps mum is from Rhyl
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • But making serious threads silly and silly threads serious is what made this place.

Incidentally I was indulging in a debate on Facebook with someone who has been using the fact I made a joke about child abuse to justify all sorts of nonsense. Is the following a case of taking it too far?

"Because sectarianism and child abuse are one and the same aren't they?... Seriously do you have a thing about child abuse? Were you abused? Or are you gutted you weren't?"
    Formally known as Coatbridgeguy
  • El Capitano
    El Capitano Posts: 6,401
    Oh noes! :shock:

*starts to panic*

Everything's changed. What do I do? Where do I post?

*runs around the office screaming*

Bacon and coffee are serious. Very serious. But, the Good morning thread, where these two important issues of the day are discussed is the in CrudCatcher! Should this be moved to the hub? If it's in the hub, no-one will read it, it will be all alone, lost and lonely...

*sits under desk crying*

I don't like change. I don't like change. I don't like change...

*wanders off to find a Grande Latte and Bacon (and grated cheese) baguette*
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • sheepsteeth
    sheepsteeth Posts: 17,418
    hmm, i cant see a post about cake without delteing the word cake in my mind and replacing it with what i understand cake to be, makes that thread all together more hilarious.
  • Anonymous
    Or replace "Cake" with "urinal cake".
    Not quite as crude, but still very very strange.
  • sheepsteeth
    sheepsteeth Posts: 17,418
    that said, me and the wife had a lovely bit of chocolate cake yesterday, it made me very full though.
  • cooldad
    that said, me and the wife had a lovely bit of chocolate cake yesterday, it made me very full though.
    A threesome with a Nigerian?
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    cooldad wrote:
    A threesome with a Nigerian?

thatsracist.gif

So anyway, this is a good thing, because before the crudcatcher was being ruined by occasional serious threads. This gets rid of all that crap so we can get on with poisoning the internet without distraction.

And while we're on the subject,

46405883.hasselhoff.gif
    Uncompromising extremist