Coming Soon to a Statute Book Near You

spen666
spen666 Posts: 17,709
edited January 2011 in The bottom bracket
Want to know the Spen666 behind the posts?
Then read MY BLOG @ http://www.pebennett.com

Twittering @spen_666

Comments

• shm_uk
    shm_uk Posts: 683
    I wouldn't be surprised...
  • Ollieda
    Ollieda Posts: 1,010
    I thought jullani brought in the rule about crossing streets with ipods in when he was mayor a while back?
  • desweller
    desweller Posts: 5,175
    Meh. They're not even allowed to cross the road if it's not at a designated crossing, what do you expect.
    - - - - - - - - - -
    On Strava.{/url}
  • and? Arkansas knocked it and other states have varying degrees of a similar thing. can't get too worked up as I do get quite daily mail reader about the ignorant pr1cks zig zagging along the pavement whilst I'm walking or stepping into the gutter in front of my bike oblivious to the world cos of their phone or ipod.
  • Crapaud
    Crapaud Posts: 2,483
    Next, they'll be taking the salt out of our electrolyte drinks ...
    New York restaurant kitchens face threat of salt ban
    City politician proposes £600 fines for restaurants that use salt in recipes

... Ortiz's bill comes on the back of a high-profile attempt by the city's mayor, Michael Bloomberg, to encourage New Yorkers to consume less sodium. The city estimates about 1.5 million residents already suffer from high blood pressure, which can be exacerbated by overconsumption of salt. In America as a whole, the average daily intake of 3,400mg is well above the recommended maximum of 2,300mg. ...
    A fanatic is one who can’t change his mind and won’t change the subject - Churchill
  • StillGoing
    StillGoing Posts: 5,211
    Don't see the problem myself. If people can't act responsibly then someone has to do it for them. Despite the scaremongering though Spen, it won't happen here. Jay walking is not yet an offence here but has been in the US for decades. Plus we don't have enough police to enforce any of these type of violations. New Yorkers have several forces and cross service powers.
    I ride a bike. Doesn't make me green or a tree hugger. I drive a car too.
  • Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    I once got done for j-walking in Canada (where I grew up). It probably seems like a silly law to folks here - but over there where the roads are twice as wide most of the time, it usually makes sense to cross at a designated place where you won't get run over.

It rarely enforced and more of a big-city thing.
  • MattC59
    MattC59 Posts: 5,408
    edited January 2011
    Got to laugh about hte idiot woman who fell into the fountain !!

It somewhat harks back to the old joke about blondes not being able to walk and chew gum at the same time !!

Edit:
    Sh1t, I'm not going to be fired for being sexist am I ? I'd have said stupid bloke if it had been a man !!
    Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved
  • MattC59
    MattC59 Posts: 5,408
    Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved