My pinarello fp2 (ultegra)

The-beast
The-beast Posts: 140
edited January 2011 in Your road bikes
[imgurl=http://www.flickr.com/photos/58803167@N08/5386683091/]5386683091_ba17c39e65_z.jpg[/url]
DSC00936 by the-beast1, on Flickr[/img]

Nearly finished pimping it up for summer, still roughing it on the ribble till then.

Comments

• hubba hubba
  • I likey :D
    Cube Agree GTC Race 2011
    Trek 6300 hardtail 2009
  • BRAW !
    Kuota Kharma 2011

Pinarello FP1
  • Leesykoi
    Leesykoi Posts: 338
    Nice, like the colourscheme... :wink:
    I like shiny bikes - especially Italian ones.....!!
  • The-beast
    Cheers guys, it's the pimped up rims that make it, ksyrium sl's, still not been for a ride on her, waiting for summer time :twisted:
  • Lagavulin
    Lagavulin Posts: 1,688
    That looks superb. :D

Can we see the other side of it though. :wink:
  • Gazzetta67
    Gazzetta67 Posts: 1,890
    Nice Bike Matey - Get RID of those WHITE cranks tho.
  • heathy_76
    heathy_76 Posts: 213
    Wow! :shock:

When I've seen Pinarello's on websites before they have never really appealed to me, but this pic has just changed that!

Is this the Team Sky Colour option?

I want one!
  • Mr Dog
    Mr Dog Posts: 643
    Keep the cranks... and don't ride until BST. That salt and grit.. uhh. Stay with the Ribble until a sunny cloudless day. It may take a while but your first ride should be euphoria :D
    Why tidy the house when you can clean your bike?
  • markyone
    markyone Posts: 1,119
    Thats very nice i like the colour,still riding my ribble :( itching to get out on my new pina.
    Roll on that sunny day :D
    Colnago c60 Eps super record 11
    Pinarello F8 with sram etap
  • Very nice looking bike. I like the white cranks,what make are they? Did they come with the bike or did you buy them?
  • Nice bike.

I've been looking at a Pinarello myself and wonder if you can answer a few questions for me?

What size frame do you have and what is its standover height? (I'm only 5'7" and not sure of a 46.5 xs or 50cm.)

Also, did you do a test ride? How does the bike feel? I ask this because at almost 8.5kg it's heavy for a full carbon bike.

Cheers
  • The-beast
    heathy_76 wrote:

When I've seen Pinarello's on websites before they have never really appealed to me, but this pic has just changed that!

I want one!

Hi yes bud this is the team sky colour, they do it in black-red and white, but this in my opinion is way nicer.
  • The-beast
    yeah im itching to get out on it, but i wouldnt risk it with this weather, most of my mates have come off at some point this winter, and yeah the cranks came with the bike, they are made by pinarellos in house tuning company "MOst" but everything else is ultegra.
  • The-beast
    Nice bike.

I've been looking at a Pinarello myself and wonder if you can answer a few questions for me?

What size frame do you have and what is its standover height? (I'm only 5'7" and not sure of a 46.5 xs or 50cm.)

Also, did you do a test ride? How does the bike feel? I ask this because at almost 8.5kg it's heavy for a full carbon bike.

Cheers

If you been sized up they of taken your arm length, torso, leg length etc etc as we are all made different. so what should fit you in theory might be different, i'm 6ft 4" and a 57cm fits me fantastic due to the short legs i have for my height.

as for weight i was aware of this but the fact is the frame is very stiff and quite light which is what i was after and after changing the heavy wheels, stem, seat and seat post i managed to save over 1.1kg :shock:
  • The-beast
    Nice bike.

Cheers

If you been sized up they of taken your arm length, torso, leg length etc etc as we are all made different. so what should fit you in theory might be different, i'm 6ft 4" and a 57cm fits me fantastic due to the short legs i have for my height.

as for weight i was aware of this but the fact is the frame is very stiff and quite light which is what i was after and after changing the heavy wheels, stem, seat and seat post i managed to save over 1.1kg :shock:
  • The-beast
    yeah im itching to get out on it, but i wouldnt risk it with this weather, most of my mates have come off at some point this winter, and yeah the cranks came with the bike, they are made by pinarellos in house tuning company "MOst" but everything else is ultegra.
  • The-beast
    heathy_76 wrote:

I want one!

Hi yes bud this is the team sky colour, they do it in black-red and white, but this in my opinion is way nicer.
  • The-beast
    heathy_76 wrote:

I want one!

• wicked
    wicked Posts: 844
    Nice bike.

Cheers

You are same height as me so 51 is your size
    It’s the most beautiful sport in the world but it’s governed by ***ts who have turned it into a crock of ****.
  • tug tug
    going downhill slowly
  • leeroy72
    leeroy72 Posts: 330
    Very nice...:)
    Find your limits...and then exceed them frequently
  • @ wicked

Do you ride a pinarello?

We maybe the same height but i'm only a 29.5" inseam, can you match that? What's the clearance like for you?

Cheers.
  • Very very nice.

One day, if I am very lucky I will have one just like it.