At last my new road bike!!!!!!!!

CAT69
CAT69 Posts: 376
edited January 2011 in Your road bikes
Finally getting my bum into gear and starting off with road bikes again.Great ride however the carbon seatpost is about 40mm to high...so on the lookout.

DSCF1073.jpg

DSCF1075.jpg

DSCF1074.jpg

DSCF1076.jpg

DSCF1077.jpg

Comments

• Nice looking bike there.

You'll have to let us know about the wheels. They look great.
  • dodgy
    dodgy Posts: 2,890
    That looks like one of the old Burrows designed seatposts, I had one on my TCR2 from a while back, nice pieces of kit and shame it doesn't suit.

Nice bike, I like Giant road bikes.
  • amnesia
    amnesia Posts: 118
    CAT69 wrote:
    Great ride however the carbon seatpost is about 40mm to high...so on the lookout.

Lookout for what ? You don't need a new seatpost.

I think you're supposed to cut the carbon down to fit... your LBS should be able to help with this. Obviously you need to make sure of the fit BEFORE you do this.

Nice bike BTW :wink:
    2013 Focus Izalco Pro 2.0 UDi2
    1999 Sunn Vertik II MTB - old skool !
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    Thought the hinges on the sideboard were some addition to the spokes on the front wheel :oops:
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    amnesia wrote:
    CAT69 wrote:
    Great ride however the carbon seatpost is about 40mm to high...so on the lookout.

Lookout for what ? You don't need a new seatpost.

I think you're supposed to cut the carbon down to fit... your LBS should be able to help with this. Obviously you need to make sure of the fit BEFORE you do this.

Nice bike BTW :wink:

Not on that one (it's not ISP, it's a separate post, he will need a new one as it can't be lowered any further!)
  • CAT69
    Thanks all has look cleats on ,never used really easy to master for me....yes the seatpost can be lowered ,shame as i like it....anyone have anything similar for sale?
  • CAT69
    Again thanks Alex
  • brin
    brin Posts: 1,122
    Shouldn't that fish tank be sitting on some polystyrene/rubber base? and the filter needs changing, oh! nice bike :wink:
  • thats sharp where did you get it from?
    going downhill slowly
  • amaferanga
    amaferanga Posts: 6,789
    If it was mine I'd ditch the aero seatpost and get a normal one. It looks odd with a non-aero seat tube.
    More problems but still living....