Spare Place at This Year's TdF...

Bobbinogs
Bobbinogs Posts: 4,841
edited January 2011 in The bottom bracket
Just heard that Alberto has got a one year ban, best get myself into training as it looks like I could have a busy couple of weeks in July :)

Joking aside though, dreadful news for the sport.

Comments

• mattshrops
    mattshrops Posts: 1,134
    if you were trying to hold someone up to a bunch of kids as a role model, youd have to wait till the guys dead just in case. more reasons why cycling fails to breakthrough as a bigtime spectator sport in uk.
    Death or Glory- Just another Story
  • StillGoing
    StillGoing Posts: 5,211
    One year though? A bit pathetic and still uncertain whether they're going to hand the 2010 title to Schleck. How can Contador keep it?
    I ride a bike. Doesn't make me green or a tree hugger. I drive a car too.
  • Bobbinogs
    Bobbinogs Posts: 4,841
    philthy3 wrote:
    One year though? A bit pathetic and still uncertain whether they're going to hand the 2010 title to Schleck. How can Contador keep it?

Yepp, good point. The ban means that he has been found guilty (not that there was any doubt given his undisputed positive test and lamentable excuse), therefore he should lose the 2010 tour...which makes the decision to delay the news of the positive test result even more barking mad.

So, the two main sporting items on sky news last night...Lance Armstrong facing prosecution and Contador banned. Dear, oh dear, oh dear.
  • StillGoing
    StillGoing Posts: 5,211
    Why have they not continued with the test results that revealed plasticides or something in Contador's blood sample? Surely more supporting evidence of his dishonesty. Mind you, if Basso can come back from his scandal, Contador will be on a top ride within six months.
    I ride a bike. Doesn't make me green or a tree hugger. I drive a car too.