Riding buddies in North Yorkshire for slightly unfit biker

CharlieH
CharlieH Posts: 410
edited January 2011 in MTB rides
Hi all. I'm looking for riding buddies in/around the north yorks area. My usual riding buddy has headed of to Canada for a year and the rest are all fair weather riders. I've been biking for a few years (on and off) and while I'm reasonably ok on the downhills, I'm not great at climbs so looking for patient people :)

Anyone want to meet up?

Comments

• bobs bikes
    bobs bikes Posts: 589
    where abouts are you mate?
    there are a few of us in east yorkhire that rides the dales and moors. look at the hull and area posts and get in touch that way.
  • CharlieH
    I'm in Harrogate so between either really and have transport so getting there is never a problem, cheers
  • Have a look here:

http://www.mtbe.co.uk/

North Yorkshire based and very friendly, always lots of rides going on. :wink:
  • C.Scott
    C.Scott Posts: 19
    CharlieH wrote:
    I'm in Harrogate so between either really and have transport so getting there is never a problem, cheers
    hi charlie. We are a small bunch of very friendly lads from skipton who enjoy playing around more than long rides, farnhill crag, stainburn (near you), yeadon, gisburn and the likes. You are more than welcome to join us. We may not ride far but dont think you will have an easy day out, and i guarantee you will improve your skills instantly. If your interested get in touch c.scott@ovi.com
  • clodhoppa74
    clodhoppa74 Posts: 331
    i'm in farnhill, need to get out, still learning though, and need to get fit too!
  • CharlieH
    Well I'm free this weekend if anyones out? Weather doesn't bother me, just puny legs on hills, lol
  • clodhoppa74
    clodhoppa74 Posts: 331
    will know by thursday what i'm up to i reckon.
  • CharlieH
    Let me know, should be able to do either day
  • Hi there, just registered! Did you find like-minded people to join you? I live in Skipton and would join in!
    Cheers
  • CharlieH
    Forgot to check back after a few weeks so I see there are a couple of replies, woohoo

I live in Harrogate but I've started to explore over your way a bit more recently. Drop me an email at Charlie.Haines@ntlworld.com, it would be great to meet up