Who has a tattoo?

gethmetal
gethmetal Posts: 208
edited January 2011 in The bottom bracket
Once again, apologies if this has been asked before...

Comments

• gethmetal
    I have nearly a right armful, some are crap, but I'm largely happy with how it's turning out.
    I tried to add a 'Yes, but regret it.' option but failed.
  • Flasheart
    Flasheart Posts: 1,278
    Yes, some. I have a barbed wire band around my left bicept and I have a barbed wire/rose vine around my right bicept. I also have a flaming heart with a scroll which unfortunatly has my ex-wife's name on it above the band on my right arm. :oops: That one I'm now regretting but can't afford to get it removed. I may just get the scroll inked in.
    :idea: If I get around to it I'll take photo's and post them after work
    The universal aptitude for ineptitude makes any human accomplishment an incredible miracle. ...Stapp’s Ironical Paradox Law
    FCN3
    http://img87.yfrog.com/img87/336/mycubeb.jpg
    http://lonelymiddlesomethingguy.blogspot.com/
  • MattC59
    MattC59 Posts: 5,408
    I've got a somewhat abstract dragon (tribal type design) at the top of my left arm, it's about 7" long.

It was somehting of a knee jerk reaction after my first wife p*ssed off. I'd wanted one for years, but she moaned about the idea. Pretty much as soon as she'd gone, I got it done. Possibly not the best time to get it done, but I'd been thinking about it for years, love it and don't regret it at all.

M
    Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved
  • Nuggs
    Nuggs Posts: 1,804
    It's not for me but I admire the skill and artwork.

I love watching Miami/LA/London Ink, those guys have some crazy skills. If I did ever have a tattoo, it would have to be something unique to me that no one else had, not someting picked out of a book.
  • StillGoing
    StillGoing Posts: 5,211
    Yes. A group of us bunked off school as 13 year olds and went to the local tattoo parlour all in our school uniform and got tats. Regretted it ever since. Ugly things in my opinion.
    I ride a bike. Doesn't make me green or a tree hugger. I drive a car too.
  • brin
    brin Posts: 1,122
    Got a few, last one was my grandsons name and DOB down triceps of right arm, prior to that got my back emblazoned with my own personal design of dragons and snakes (of which the tattooist destroyed templates after completion, so are unique)
    Not to keen on what seems to be the new trend of tattoos on the neck just below the ear, must be some sort of secret society? also seems to be an increasing number of footballers adorning tattoos around their necks too, look a bit ugly IMO
  • Certainly not. I would have to pay a fortune to get one as it would have to be done by someone very talented, Im amazed at how bad some of the ones you see are.
  • northernneil
    northernneil Posts: 1,549
    was given advice when I was about 15 from a guy who was about 50 and he said never get it done, even if you think it looks good for the first 10 years, you will regret it for following 40.

all of my friends who have tatts have regretted at least some aspect of them, so never been interested
  • JD_76
    JD_76 Posts: 236
    was given advice when I was about 15 from a guy who was about 50 and he said never get it done, even if you think it looks good for the first 10 years, you will regret it for following 40.

all of my friends who have tatts have regretted at least some aspect of them, so never been interested

+1

+ dont fancy the idea of geting a dirty needle stuck in me, im sure most places are fine but it only takes one.
  • upperoilcan
    upperoilcan Posts: 1,180
    i have both of my arms fully sleeved and i also have a dragon which goes over my shoulder down my back and stops on my hip...

Dont regret any of them at all,infact i still have more work to be done. :)
    Cervelo S5 Ultegra Di2.
  • Pep
    Pep Posts: 501
    I hate them (no offense folks).

Plus, I get one, and my wife files for divorce.
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    I'm considering going down the tattoo route. I have a couple of ideas, which would mean something to me (i.e. not just Chinese text or arse antlers). Still pondering it all very carefully though!
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    I have one from my fraternity days. But I tend to think they are pretty 'common', especially on women. Not a fan.
  • Tonymufc
    Tonymufc Posts: 1,016
    Yep I have a few, including my sons' name across the top of my back written in old English. Its my favourite to say the least.
  • Tonymufc
    Tonymufc Posts: 1,016
    Pep wrote:
    I hate them (no offense folks).

Plus, I get one, and my wife files for divorce.

So when you having it done then. :lol:
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,137
    A couple of questions about tattoos:

Is it OK to have a GB tattoo if you haven't earned it, or should you only have official club tattoos?

If the tattoo goes a bit wrong, do you put a patch on it, or do you replace the whole arm?
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • RichN95 wrote:
    A couple of questions about tattoos:

Is it OK to have a GB tattoo if you haven't earned it, or should you only have official club tattoos?

If the tattoo goes a bit wrong, do you put a patch on it, or do you replace the whole arm?

I think this merits a whole poll to itself :lol:
  • Leesykoi
    Leesykoi Posts: 338
    No for me....i'm usually an oddity in the pool on holiday. Gasp - Brit holidaymaker with no bodyart !!! :shock:
    I like shiny bikes - especially Italian ones.....!!
  • rc856
    rc856 Posts: 1,144
    Love good tats.
    I've got 2 chest plates...most of the chest down to the nipple, over the shoulder and down the arm like a quarter sleeve.
    Japanese dragon with wind bars, cherry blossom etc on the left and a koi on the right.
    Both black and grey.
    Pretty sore over the collarbone!!

As long as you research where you're going, I'd say it highly unlikely you have to worry about dirty needles etc. :)
  • Yes I have
  • brin
    brin Posts: 1,122
    Ben6899 wrote:
    I'm considering going down the tattoo route. I have a couple of ideas, which would mean something to me (i.e. not just Chinese text or ars* antlers). Still pondering it all very carefully though!

Don't make the same mistake as the stupid Newcastle Utd fan, who got a tattoo of his (then) idol - Andy Cole in full Newcastle attire on his right thigh - only for the player to be sold to Man Utd 2 days later :roll: :lol::lol::lol:
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,162
    No, and never will.

If you could remove them easily it wouldn't matter but as you're pretty stuck with them for life, why take the risk even if it seems like a good idea at the time? Never understood the attraction myself.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Buckled_Rims
    Buckled_Rims Posts: 1,648
    brin wrote:
    Ben6899 wrote:
    Don't make the same mistake as the stupid Newcastle Utd fan, who got a tattoo of his (then) idol - Andy Cole in full Newcastle attire on his right thigh - only for the player to be sold to Man Utd 2 days later :roll: :lol::lol::lol:

Or do the same as my old work mate did and have a tattoo of Newcastle United football crest on his bicep then have a drink after work in a tee-shirt in Sunderland. Ouch!
    CAAD9
    Kona Jake the Snake
    Merlin Malt 4
  • pastey_boy
    pastey_boy Posts: 2,083
    i have a tattoo on my body, it is made of ink and skin and it does not wash off in the shower, ive even tried blasting it off with a 10 horsepower diesel jet wash but to no avail.
    Viner Salviati
    Shark Aero Pro
    Px Ti Custom
    Cougar 531
    Sab single speed
    Argon 18 E-112 TT
    One-one Ti 456 Evo
    Ridley Cheetah TT
    Orange Clockwork 2007 ltd ed
    Yeti ASR 5
    Cove Hummer XC Ti
  • gethmetal
    pastey_boy wrote:
    i have a tattoo on my body, it is made of ink and skin and it does not wash off in the shower, ive even tried blasting it off with a 10 horsepower diesel jet wash but to no avail.

A sandblaster would help you out there, but the results will be messy and the healing process slow.
  • was given advice when I was about 15 from a guy who was about 50 and he said never get it done, even if you think it looks good for the first 10 years, you will regret it for following 40.

-1 I'll be 40 this year and got my tattoo about 13-14 years ago. I don't regret it but I took my time deciding on it. Fancy another one but haven't picked it yet. I'd probably regret it if I got it done at 18 though. As for 13 year olds going in school uniform, the tattooist should have had their licence taken off them. (were they licensed then?)
    If suffer we must, let's suffer on the heights. (Victor Hugo).
  • hennez
    hennez Posts: 255
    brin wrote:
    Ben6899 wrote:
    I'm considering going down the tattoo route. I have a couple of ideas, which would mean something to me (i.e. not just Chinese text or ars* antlers). Still pondering it all very carefully though!

sounds about as good as the bloke that got the Collingwood premiers 2009 tattoo on his arm the day before the finals and then they lost!!!! he just got a big cross tattoed through it....
    My bike takes me places that school never could
  • I've three,

First is a tribal back piece, the second is a stylized Welsh dragon 'stamp' and the third is a bio-mechanical calf piece with rips through the skin showing ciruit boards, calf as a piston, metal shin plate & hydraulic hoses

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2038700&id=1321826986&l=16fc6a8022
  • Ginjafro
    Ginjafro Posts: 572
    I guy at work has a monkey tattoo like this around his belly button, always makes me laugh.

4763_2382_monkey-tattoo.jpg
    Giant XTC Pro-Carbon
    Cove Hustler
    Planet X Pro-Carbon
  • Ron Stuart
    Ron Stuart Posts: 1,242
    Popeye :idea: :?: