Some time ago

Frank the tank
Frank the tank Posts: 6,553
edited January 2011 in The bottom bracket
I posted on here about a friend who had been given a limited amount of time due to cancer. I'm sorry to say he lost his fight this weekend. He had been given at best six months or so that was just over a year ago.

Good old Russ, a fighter to the last and like a dog with a bone would never give up.

R.I.P. mate.
Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.

Comments

• Richard_D
    Richard_D Posts: 320
    Sorry to hear the news. Found out recently that my mum has breast cancer and she is going in this Thursday. pre op on Thursday we think with the op presumably on Friday. Have we heard any more about Bristol pete's neice.
  • Aggieboy
    Aggieboy Posts: 3,996
    My condolences to all. My thoughts are also with you Frank as I too lost a close friend, although under different circumstances.
    "There's a shortage of perfect breasts in this world, t'would be a pity to damage yours."
  • markmod
    markmod Posts: 501
    Pm'ed you Frank....
  • Thank you for your kind replies.

Markmod, Pm sent. :)
    Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.
  • oaky
    oaky Posts: 141
    Very sorry to hear about your friend. Condolences to you and the family.

To everyone on here dealing with cancer or something similar, my thoughts are with you. Keep fighting.
  • markos1963
    markos1963 Posts: 3,724
    Condolences Frank
    Never really though about cancer much until my dear Dad got it just over a year ago. His quick demise was a shock and a wake up call to all in my family. Its a terrible disease but as you say can it bring out the best in people. Hope the pain of losing a friend eases for you.
  • bianchimoon
    bianchimoon Posts: 3,942
    Richard_D wrote:
    Sorry to hear the news. Found out recently that my mum has breast cancer and she is going in this Thursday. pre op on Thursday we think with the op presumably on Friday. Have we heard any more about Bristol pete's neice.
    soory about your friend FtT, and RichardD hope all goes well, my mother, aunt and mother in law all had it, all are doing fine now, NHS at its best
    All lies and jest..still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest....
  • sonny73
    sonny73 Posts: 2,203
    Sorry to hear that Frank, my condolences to all.
  • tebbit
    tebbit Posts: 604
    Condolences Frank
  • Bobbinogs
    Bobbinogs Posts: 4,841
    Sorry to hear that Frank. I hope you don't mind me posting this ride which, if anyone is in the area and wants to support something that looks to be very worthy and connected with the thread (I am nothing to do with the org btw):

http://cyclistsfc.org.uk/?page_id=386
  • Velonutter
    Velonutter Posts: 2,437
    Sad to hear Frank my condolences to his family. :(