Saddle sore/ chaff

richtw
richtw Posts: 118
edited January 2011 in Road beginners
Bit of advice really had to change my saddle after throwing my bike down the road and in my ultimate wisdom decided to move to a Prologo Scratch saddle.

The saddle itself is very comfy on the road, no pressure, no numbness it just sort of vanishes underneath you. Then after about 40 miles gets a bit sore not on my sit bones but undercarriage - sort of chaffing is the best way to describe it. It is not agony but slightly uncomfortable - I am using Assos chamois cream which is excellent.

Question is - does the saddle need breaking in and can I then expect the chaffing to go or do you think I am on a high road to nothing but pain?

Any advice or experiences welcome.....

Thanks

Comments

• chill123
    chill123 Posts: 210
    stick with it for a bit. maybe try adding more chamoix cream than usual until your under carriage toughens up (resembles leather).
  • I use leather conditioner, not on my 'undercarriage', but on my Fizik Arione saddle which is bloody excellent despite looking like a piece of kit in Sweeny Todd's arsenal !

Go with one of these saddles and you'll still be a hit with the girls - those that don't feel for a bit of "rawhide"

Try a Fizik saddle, really!