my Cannondale...*new pictures added 23/1/11*

ry1978
ry1978 Posts: 166
edited January 2011 in Your mountain bikes
Hi, I've been lurking around here for a while now but I've decided it's finally time to get some pics of my bike up. It's a Cannondale f800 that's currently going through a bit of an overhaul. I bought it 2nd hand from a shop where it had been traded in, I had been after a hardtail and lefty fork for a while and the deal the shop gave me was pretty good.

I have been out of the mountain bike scene for about 18 months (since a car accident) and I'm getting back into it now (with the help of this bike!) I still have a Cannondale Jekyll which I bought new in 2002 but I may sell this now due to the this bike.

The pic below is from the day I picked it up last week (with a few of my old bits transferred over), I've got quite a few bits on order so I'll get some more photos uploaded when they're fitted. (plus a full spec list if anyone is interested!)

cannondale1.jpg

I'm going for a gold theme with all future upgrades - hope seatclamp, rear skewer etc.
Specialized Roubaix
Cannondale F900 SL
Specialized Stumpjumper FSR120

Comments

• Rigga
    Rigga Posts: 939
    Very nice mate! 8)
  • Andy
    Andy Posts: 8,207
    ry1978 wrote:
    I'm going for a gold theme with all future upgrades - hope seatclamp, rear skewer etc.

Ah the classic way to make a nice looking bike look tacky!
  • Andy wrote:
    ry1978 wrote:

Ah the classic way to make a nice looking bike look tacky!

Not true, if he does it right.....I think it would look really nice. Black and gold, nice! :D but change the tires. Not a big fan on colour tires.

Looking forward to see the upgrades 8)
    Vodka anyone? "Honk"

Santa Cruz Nomad Carbon
    Cannondale Hooligan 9
    Cannondale Flash Ultimate 2010
    Cannondale Scalpel Factory Team 2010
    Cannondale Scalpel Factory Team 2009
  • ry1978
    Well I seem to be causing some disagreement with the gold comment!! The first few bits have now been added so here are a few more pics...

69b3fd29.jpg
    1a062297.jpg
    e7989188.jpg
    6d1a3560.jpg

The spec is now
    Caad5 cannondale frame
    Lefty DLR2 fork
    Hope mono mini Brakes (F&R)
    SLX rear Mech
    LX front mech
    Deore shifters
    Race face ride XC chainset
    Mavic 317 rims (deore rear hub, Coda lefty front)
    Race face ride seat post
    Cannondale flat bar
    Panaracer fire XC pro tyres
    Shimano 540? SPD Pedals
    Cannondale lefty bumper
    Selle italia XO saddle
    Hope seat collar
    Hope rear skewer
    DMR lock on grips

Xgreygoose, I agree with you about the tyres, they were on the bike when i picked it up, they will get replaced with some Schwalbes when they wear out
    Specialized Roubaix
    Cannondale F900 SL
  • ry1978
    Took her out for a quick blast round the local woods this morning to check everything was running smoothly. It feels very different to my Jekyll full sus, the front end feels very low on descents, I might flip the stem as I think it might give me a few degrees more rise.

f80c938b.png
    Specialized Roubaix
    Cannondale F900 SL
  • chick0
    chick0 Posts: 338
    Very nice, and a cool list of mods..
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    very nice buddy,
    similar to my old f700 i used to own. 8)
    IMG00566-20100131-1403.jpg
  • ry1978
    Cheers fellas, I've always liked the American built cannondale frames. It's a shame they shifted a lot of their production to the far east over the last few years, the welds just don't compare!
    Specialized Roubaix
    Cannondale F900 SL
  • ry1978 wrote:
    Cheers fellas, I've always liked the American built cannondale frames. It's a shame they shifted a lot of their production to the far east over the last few years, the welds just don't compare!

I don't think Cannondale frames are lesser in quality now than when it was build in USA. In fact in some ways the frames are or even better quality build than it use to be.
    Taiwan (not China) do make alot of good bike frames IMHO :)
    Saying that I do miss my first Cannondale, the Killer V 900, now that was a cool bike :)
    Vodka anyone? "Honk"

Santa Cruz Nomad Carbon
    Cannondale Hooligan 9
  • ry1978
    I'm not saying cannondales aren't still great bikes but I do like the smoothed, filleted welds of the older frames :D
    Specialized Roubaix
    Cannondale F900 SL
  • ry1978 wrote:
    I'm not saying cannondales aren't still great bikes but I do like the smoothed, filleted welds of the older frames :D

Ok i see your point. :)
    Only the new lower end models don't have smooth finishes. Also I do believe that those are build in China.
    Vodka anyone? "Honk"

Santa Cruz Nomad Carbon
    Cannondale Hooligan 9
  • Xgreygoose wrote:
    ry1978 wrote:

Ok i see your point. :)
    Only the new lower end models don't have smooth finishes. Also I do believe that those are build in China.

i think far eastern cannondales would be better built than even the usa models, seen some (US) recent generation cannondales and the finish is not that great, the paint finish and even the smooth welds can sometimes look abit rushed whereas the carbon far eastern cannondales are much better finished and attention to detail is better overall.

the smooth welds of cannondales are nice but even aluminium boardmans are better finished, the welds on those are so good that it can be passed off as being carbon, totally smooth.