Boardman Limited Edition No.312 - New Pic - pg2

Cornish-J
Cornish-J Posts: 978
edited March 2011 in Your road bikes
Here's my Limited Edition Boardman - had it for about 10months now and absolutely delighted with it.

Appologies for the filthy bar tape!

5380876530_73a8768db8.jpg
boardman by .JayD., on Flickr

5380878106_88c6ac7007.jpg
boardman2 by .JayD., on Flickr

Comments

• Lagavulin
    Lagavulin Posts: 1,688
    Very nice. These look really smart in white. 8)
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    Love the wheels. I'll forgive you the bar tape.

I'm all leg and i've got my seat pretty well forward on my boardman too. Was that to get your knees over the pedal axle or for reach to bars?

Great bike mate, enjoy cleaning it! :lol:

p.s. that sloping saddle would kill my arse.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • Cornish-J
    thanks guys.

It was to get my knees over the axle more than anything. i think the frame is slightly too large for me so a new straight seatpost and longer saddle was a cheaper option than a new frame!

roll on summer!
  • seanoconn
    Cornish-J wrote:
    thanks guys.

It was to get my knees over the axle more than anything. i think the frame is slightly too large for me so a new straight seatpost and longer saddle was a cheaper option than a new frame!

roll on summer!

I got the same seatpost as you for that reason. I wasted my money on two expensive shorter stems before i became more flexible, now i have the original back on, only flipped.

Hope you're not waiting till summer to enjoy that beaut. Must be a patient man.
  • Supergoose
    Supergoose Posts: 1,089
    seanoconn wrote:
    Love the wheels. I'll forgive you the bar tape.

I wont. Fizik Microtex ftw. Clean with vim or equivalent.

Genuine observation; It looks like a 120mm stem on your bike. The way your seat is set that stem is way too much of a reach for you.
    Perhaps a 100mm stem and your seat set level and a bit further back on the rails?

As I say just an observation.

Im just passing through 8)

Bike looks great, de stickered wheels ftw.
    Rock 'n' Roule
  • jonmack
    jonmack Posts: 522
    Bike looks great. For what it's worth I'm 6ft and ride a L, I have the stock post but have the saddle all the way forward to get my feet over the pedal axle.
  • JesseD
    JesseD Posts: 1,961
    Nice looking bike.

Personally I would level up the saddle, drop the seatpost a little and fit a shorter stem, I reckon you would find it more comfortable and get more power down Of course this is all without seeing a pic of you on the bike.

Oh and those wheels look great on that frame
    Obsessed is a word used by the lazy to describe the dedicated!
  • amnesia
    amnesia Posts: 118
    Here's #213...

img10.jpg

Won't be mine for long though - on that popular auction site at the moment... a new steed awaits ;)
    2013 Focus Izalco Pro 2.0 UDi2
    1999 Sunn Vertik II MTB - old skool !
  • Gazzaputt
    Gazzaputt Posts: 3,227
    Looks the nuts with Cosmics.
  • rake
    rake Posts: 3,204
    boardmans are quite long. i agree with the observations made, im 6' and have the seat forward, but im moving it back with a 100mm stem. seat fore aft makes a huge difference to pedal stroke and weight on hands. having said that is the seat angle slack on boardmans?
  • amnesia wrote:
    Here's #213...

img10.jpg

Won't be mine for long though - on that popular auction site at the moment... a new steed awaits ;)

What size frame it that?
    From someone who has the black Team carbon I've always liked the ltd but fear i would always want to clean it. but sweet looking bikes none the less!
    I've not seen a white ltd in the flesh yet.
    But if i had a ltd white and the black team carbon side by side I think I'll still chose the black.
    Think of all that cleaning I would avoid. :wink:

Cif
  • seanoconn wrote:
    Cornish-J wrote:
    thanks guys.

roll on summer!

I got the same seatpost as you for that reason. I wasted my money on two expensive shorter stems before i became more flexible, now i have the original back on, only flipped.

Can I ask regarding your set up of seatpost/stems: is having your knees over the axle just a personnel preference? Or a desirable setup?
    The geo on Boardmans has a long TT [Medium size]
    I have a long body short legs but still opted to change the stem to a shorter 90mm flipped.
    See sig below
    I haven't moved the seat the day I got it, suspect the frame is a little to big for me.

Cheers

Cif
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn wrote:
    Cornish-J wrote:
    thanks guys.

roll on summer!

Can I ask regarding your set up of seatpost/stems: is having your knees over the axle just a personnel preference? Or a desirable setup?
    The geo on Boardmans has a long TT [Medium size]
    I have a long body short legs but still opted to change the stem to a shorter 90mm flipped.
    See sig below
    I haven't moved the seat the day I got it, suspect the frame is a little to big for me.

Cheers

Cif

Desirable setup. Ideally, for starters, the bottom of your knee cap inline with the ball of your foot over the pedal axle. A couple of cm either way is fine depending on comfort and riding style.

The easiest way i could achieve this on my boardman, being 6ft, with long legs and size large the best option, was to buy a seatpost without a setback.

But as you haven't got long legs and the saddle postion is comfortable for you with no strain on the knees, this shouldn't be a problem for you.
  • Nice bike mate, looks great and the rims really make it.

What seat is?
    Cove Stiffee
    Speccy Stumpjumper FSR Elite (2004)
    Kinesis Racelight T
    HED R1C (http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtop ... t=12755249)
  • it's a fizik arione :)
  • luv2ride
    luv2ride Posts: 2,367
    +1 for Nice Bike!
    I have a alu Road Team (supposedly with same geometry as the Carbon bikes) and I also found the virtual top tube length a little long. Shame, as I would have got one the Carbon Teams over Xmas - Halfords were doing them for £899 on Xmas day!

Never mind, the new Roubaix has a shorter VTT length and I find it way more comfy :)
    Titus Silk Road Ti rigid 29er - Scott Solace 10 disc - Kinesis Crosslight Pro6 disc - Scott CR1 SL - Pinnacle Arkose X 650b - Pinnacle Arkose singlespeed - Specialized Singlecross...& an Ernie Ball Musicman Stingray 4 string...
  • Cornish-J wrote:
    Here's my Limited Edition Boardman - had it for about 10months now and absolutely delighted with it.

Why use an in-line seatpost? And why have a saddle that is sloping down?
  • rake
    rake Posts: 3,204
    Luv2ride wrote:
    +1 for Nice Bike!
    I have a alu Road Team (supposedly with same geometry as the Carbon bikes) and I also found the virtual top tube length a little long. Shame, as I would have got one the Carbon Teams over Xmas - Halfords were doing them for £899 on Xmas day!

Never mind, the new Roubaix has a shorter VTT length and I find it way more comfy :)

why not use a shorter stem? im not average with limb length etc, but with a 2cm shorter stem i have got the setup suggested by that competitive cyclist fitcalc.
  • Cornish-J wrote:

Why use an in-line seatpost? And why have a saddle that is sloping down?

the saddle isnt set up properly at the mo, and i used an inline seatpost to get my hips/legs further forward and more over the crank.
  • Cornish-J wrote:
    the saddle isnt set up properly at the mo, and i used an inline seatpost to get my hips/legs further forward and more over the crank.

That's maybe a good line of thinking if you want a full-on, low down, time trial position. In everyday/recreation type cycling the importance of finding a comfortable position on the bike should not be overestimated.
  • AHMED
    AHMED Posts: 7
    very nice bike :D
  • Cornish-J wrote:

That's maybe a good line of thinking if you want a full-on, low down, time trial position. In everyday/recreation type cycling the importance of finding a comfortable position on the bike should not be overestimated.

yea, the bike is geared towards TT's this year.
  • Cornish-J
    5491742335_f8819f7b66_z.jpg
    boardmanNewresized by .JayD., on Flickr

Had a proper bike fit and changed the handle bar tape to black, hope you enjoy :)
  • nevman
    nevman Posts: 1,611
    makes me quite tearful-222 is still in the shed,havent seen her in months :cry::cry:
    Whats the solution? Just pedal faster you baby.

Summer B,man Team Carbon LE#222
    Winter Alan Top Cross
    All rounder Spec. Allez.