Presentation of Montichiari Velodrome (Italy)

Sikhandar
Sikhandar Posts: 12
edited February 2011 in Track
Dear folks........ this post is for signaling the amateur activity at the Montichiari Velodrome. It's the only indoor (brand new) velodrome of Italy...250 m siberian pine.

No accreditation needed for training nor racing. You come, you race, you ... win (?). No classes foreseen... just individual training / racing.

official site: www.velodromodimontichiari.it

Check that site to see ("orari velodromo" section) the timing for training. Pink is for amateurs, blue for the italian national team, orange stands for "rental", so for amateurs -> pink.

We are italians so there's no calendar, each race is announced, along with the session programme, 2 weeks before the race.

Costs: training session (1+ hrs) = 10€ // possible 10 entrees for 70€
Costs: race session: 10€ with an UCI-approved card
Costs: bike rent: 5€ / session (training or racing). Take your pedals with you.

Nearest Airports: Bergamo Orio al Serio, Milano Linate, Milano Malpensa.
Nearest Hotels: use booking.com...

Next race: Jan 29th, Saturday. 8-11: free training. 12-14: dinner in a nearby conventioned hotel (special menu, fixed cost). 14:30: you pay for the race... 16:00 -> race begins.

Program: points race for all categories (session 1: M7 M8 W1 W2, session 2: M5 M6, session 3: M3 M4, session 4: MT M1 M2). Keirin (one session only, cats: MT-1-2-3-4-5-6). 500 m standing start (one session only, cats: M7-8-W1-W2). Then there's a Madison race fo 12 couples but it's only on invite.

So for most people it's a two-event race, Points + keirin or points + 500m.

Follow the group on Facebook, search Velodromo di Montichiari!!!

More question -> just ask me on my mail, lucalotti81 AT gmail DOT com

Comments

• Eddy S
    Eddy S Posts: 1,013
    Hi Sikhandar,

It’s a great looking track and facility.

I already follow on Facebook but don’t speak Italian so have to rely on online translators! 8)

I’m hoping that my 1st visit to race at the Montichiari Velodrome will be for the European Masters if the rumours of the event being held there in July come true and if I recover from my broken leg quickly enough.

Do you have any updates if/when the Euro Masters will take place at Montichiari?

Thanks,

Eddy
    I’m a sprinter – I warmed up yesterday.
  • Heheee for the Euromasters... well it is a mess.

The Velodrome staff asked to the Italian Federation of Cycling (italian UCI-section) an esteem of the costs for the event in the first days of january, and an answer is awaited for the end of *this* week. I'll let you know something ASAP.

I'm sorry for not having a calendar for track races, but you know, in Italy the organisation of events is usually like this. The events are really good, I mean..... the only "problem" is that you know something of a race only 3-4 weeks before.

(except the national championships and some other major races such as the "Giro d'Italia" of the track, that is an itinerating competition on our major velodromes, obviously).
  • Eddy S
    Luca, thanks for the 'status' report! Look forward to an update when you have it. 8)
  • Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    I'll be there in March for the Paracycling World Championships. Hopefully for the week before also! Looking forward to it.
  • EUROPEAN CHAMPIONSHIPS MASTERS 2011 will be.......... in Montichiari!!!! This is fresh news, from this morning.

8-12 august 2011, I repeat, 8-12 august 2011!!!!!

some particular pricing will be done for riders (accomodation... lodging... eating...)

I'll let you know.

Consider landing in:

Orio al Serio (Bergamo, BG), if I'm not wrong it's a typical Ryanair hub. Then use BUS to BERGAMO (ATB lines, from Orio al Serio airport), then TRAIN bergamo-brescia (1 hour), then bus again from brescia to montichiari

Malpensa (Milano, MI) it's a huge hub, good for easyjet.com. Shuttle to Milan, take a train to Brescia, then bus
    Linate (Milano, MI). Already in Milan... shuttle to train station, take a train to brescia, then bus

You'll have to pay surpluses for bike both for train and buses, ask to the ticket offices when you purchase the ticket prior to take the bus/train.

Consider subscribing to the VELODROMO DI MONTICHIARI group on facebook to keep yourself updated, or to take a look to www.velodromodimontichiari.it (fb group is more... followed, let's say).

ONLY PEOPLE OF 35+ years old!!! (35 included)
  • Eddy S
    That's really great news Luca. Many thanks for the update.

Now to concentrate on getting recovered and fit in time! 8)
  • Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    Well - second block of training is done and will be heading to Montichiari in just a few weeks to prepare for the Paracycling Worlds.

Luca - will you be around? If so, come find the Irish team (we should be training there every day from March 2-11) and look for me (Colin). I'll be the one with the artificial leg!
  • ok! :-) cu there