Winter gloves

13»

Comments

• amaferanga
    amaferanga Posts: 6,789
    Picked up my Craft Siberian gloves from the sorting office this morning. Probably the warmest gloves I've ever owned, but my fingers were still frozen 30 minutes later when I got to work. Got some silk liners to try this evening, but if that doesn't work then I think I'll just give up and accept that I'll always have cold hands on days like today. It was about -7 degrees though....
    More problems but still living....
  • amaferanga wrote:
    Picked up my Craft Siberian gloves from the sorting office this morning. Probably the warmest gloves I've ever owned, but my fingers were still frozen 30 minutes later when I got to work. Got some silk liners to try this evening, but if that doesn't work then I think I'll just give up and accept that I'll always have cold hands on days like today. It was about -7 degrees though....

Mine are arriving today. I fear I will have the same issue, basic cold hands. Nothing will stop that I think if you suffer from it.
    My blog: http://www.roubaixcycling.cc (kit reviews and other musings)
    https://twitter.com/roubaixcc
    Facebook? No. Just say no.
  • cswebbo
    cswebbo Posts: 220
    Craft two finger 'lobster' gloves are very good. Had a pair delivered from AlwaysRiding last weekend. They arrived just in time for a proper testing!
    4 days in sub zero temps through snow etc and stood up to the job required.
    They have a thin liner glove inside, and this, plus the two finger trick seems to work.
    These are the first time i've worn 'lobster' gloves and have to say, so far so good.
  • leeroy72
    leeroy72 Posts: 330
    Salomon Gore-Tex Ski gloves are the business, they have a little bit more bulk on the fingertips but they are no problem once you get used to them, super toasty warm too... 8)
    Find your limits...and then exceed them frequently
  • de_sisti
    de_sisti Posts: 1,283
    amaferanga wrote:
    Got mine from Always Riding

How are the gloves in this freezing weather we're having? I'm still holding off buying
    another pair of gloves (that may be no better than what I already have for failing to keep
    my hands warm).
  • amaferanga
    amaferanga Posts: 6,789
    De Sisti wrote:
    amaferanga wrote:
    Got mine from Always Riding

How are the gloves in this freezing weather we're having? I'm still holding off buying
    another pair of gloves (that may be no better than what I already have for failing to keep
    my hands warm).

Well they're better than anything I've owned, but even with silk liners my finger tips are freezing after 10 minutes on my morning commute at the moment. But then it has been about -6 and I do have trouble with cold hands generally so they might work for you. When its only around freezing or -1/-2 they've kept my hands warm.

They are really well made like all things from Craft.
    More problems but still living....
  • i will strongly recommend you to wear cycling gloves while riding on bicycle especially in winter. it will keep your hand safe and warm. and due to the grip of the gloves you will feel good.
  • ratsbeyfus
    ratsbeyfus Posts: 2,841
    Hollowkid wrote:
    i will strongly recommend you to wear cycling gloves while riding on bicycle especially in winter. it will keep your hand safe and warm. and due to the grip of the gloves you will feel good.

Errr... thanks for the heads up mr Hollow Kid. I'm sure you don't have any vested interest in the glove manufacturing company you linked to. You do know that wearing those leather gloves in the link has been proven to give you 'sniffyfinger'?

I had one of them red bikes but I don't any more. Sad face.

@ratsbey
  • Supergoose
    Supergoose Posts: 1,089
    The Halvarssons Jox Snowmobile gloves are the don de la don when worn with merino liners. 8)
    Rock 'n' Roule
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    My Aldi golf mittens were £7 and brilliantly warm at minus 5 even. Mittens were fine with my MTb thumb shifters - not sure if they'd be ok for STIs etc.
  • macondo01
    macondo01 Posts: 706
    Those of you after the Craft Siberian Gloves, they seem cheap here £18 http://www.nice2tri.com/Bike/Cycle-Clothing/Cycling-Gloves/sc1338/p36937.aspx
    "Let not the sands of time get in your lunch"

National Lampoon
  • de_sisti
    de_sisti Posts: 1,283
    I found that (for me) these gloves were good (with a liner) down to about +5 degrees C.
    Below that, they were no better than other gloves that I've tried.