Clicking when pedalling?

gearsbentandbroken
gearsbentandbroken Posts: 27
edited January 2011 in MTB workshop & tech
Hi guys,

Took my new toy out for a spin today and there is a click when I am pedalling hard, feels like it's coming from the left pedal/crank area.

Any ideas where to start to fix this?
Got my new Carrera Vengeance Ultimate 11. Mint.

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • bellys
    bellys Posts: 456
    as he said ^^^^^^^^
  • knees?
    Its usually my knees :lol:
  • Knees! Love it.

That website describes creeking etc, this is definately a click.
    I think I will take the pedals off and the crank etc re-grease and re-fit. It is a new bike so I can always return it to the shop to get them to check it over.

Cheers.
    Got my new Carrera Vengeance Ultimate 11. Mint.
  • dodgy
    dodgy Posts: 2,890
    Hi guys,

Took my new toy out for a spin today and there is a click when I am pedalling hard, feels like it's coming from the left pedal/crank area.

Any ideas where to start to fix this?

Before you take anything apart, loosen off your rear skewer, then retighten, this time make sure it's pretty tight. That might fix it, it's surprising how often it works.
  • mattv
    mattv Posts: 992
    Is it fitted with the standard V8 copy pedals? These often have a click from a duff bearing. See if it has one pedal with more or less stiction in the bearings.
  • dan1502
    dan1502 Posts: 568
    Good luck with this. I thought I'd solved it and it's come back. Woth checking if it's the seatpost and also feeling the tubes to see where you can feel the clicking as listening for it doesn't always help a lot. I'll try that q/r tightening as I've not tired that yet.
    Santa Cruz Tallboy