Saddles

thecremeegg
thecremeegg Posts: 284
edited January 2011 in Women
I have been riding a while now I am always sore from the cheap saddle that came with my bike, I have been look at different saddles but with so many to choose from I am not really sure where to start.

I was looking at the cut away saddle but they separate opinion on if they improve comfort or not.

Thank you

Comments

• Wooliferkins
    Wooliferkins Posts: 2,060
    Getting the right saddle to the right backside is the grail of cycle sales. A very good friend of mine swears by her Selle Italia Lady Gel flow and will probably insist I hold enough stock to take her to the grave. A couple of manufacturers do a measuring system so that you get a saddle that suits the position of your sit bones.

http://www.specialized.com/us/en/bc/SBCTechPopup.jsp?pid=saddles_tech

http://www.jimlangley.net/crank/bicycleseats.html
    Neil
    Help I'm Being Oppressed
  • Wooliferkins
    Wooliferkins Posts: 2,060
    Neil
    Help I'm Being Oppressed
  • suzyb
    suzyb Posts: 3,449
    Interesting...I was thinking of getting a fit for my road bike and it's a BG Fit system one of the local companies use.
  • I've got the Selle Italia saddle too. Expensive, but it's a smashing saddle. I keep it supple and clean using saddle soap.

I also think decent liners for shorts have their part to play towards ladies comfort. I've yet to find a decent replacement for the last ones I had. I've got a few which always end up being uncomfortable after an hour or two.

Recommendations???
    My rides are ...

Vintage Commencal Combi Disc
    Vintage Giant OCR 3
    Vintage Lime Green Raleigh Max with Yellow Tyres

:)
  • I bought a Body Geommetry saddle as the one that came with my road bike (mens Trek 100) was giving me grief - it made such a difference: before I was really uncomfortable after even a short-ish ride (20 miles), but now I can easily do much longer distances without getting saddle sore :)
    FCN 10
  • kathg
    kathg Posts: 142
    I'll put a vote in for the Selle Italia Gel flow Diva. Fab saddle really comfortable and also doesn't get in the way when you want to quickly get your weight back! Nothing worse than a saddle that snags in your shorts or just feels too bulky for techy sections.

Kathg :D