Have I put this on right?

mossmotorsport
mossmotorsport Posts: 356
edited January 2011 in MTB workshop & tech
Evening chaps,

Just upgraded the front rotor on the bike from 183mm to 203mm. Ordered the PM to PM adapter from Superstar, just don't trust myself. Does this look like it's on properly to you guys? Feels okay, the rotor does just catch the pads ever so slightly though, so I guess that why I'm a little unsure...

IMG_0443.jpg

To:

IMG_0444.jpg

Specialized FSR XC Expert 2010

Comments

• Looks ok from here.

Might want to cut off some threads fom the caliper mounting bolts tho!! You only need 1.5 threads showing to be in safety.
  • Good idea - but again I probably wouldn't trust myself! The bike came with 183mm rotors standard, which obviously went straight into the fork, so I guess that's why the bolts are longer than they need to be for now.

I wonder if Superstar do anodized bolts :lol:
  • bennett_346
    bennett_346 Posts: 5,029
    Yep thats fine, just realign the caliper as per instructions until its decent enough!
  • Instructions :? The bike didn't come with any component specific ones unfortunately, just the Specialized handbook. I'm sure there will be some on the net. Thanks for your help, I'll delete this thread in a minute to avoid any more embarrassment for having to ask such a silly question :lol:
  • bennett_346
    bennett_346 Posts: 5,029
    Loosen those bolts slightly, just enough so that if you spin the wheel the disc will move it so it wont rub. Then pull the brake to lock the wheel and retighten them.

Its not that embarassing is it :P