Felt Compulsion Mint Sauce

craig_s
craig_s Posts: 16
edited January 2011 in Your mountain bikes
5372169657_02945e36a0_z.jpg
5372170995_b16c06eb99_z.jpg

Frame: Felt Compulsion Mint Sauce (Medium)
Forks: Fox Float R 140mm
Bars: Truvativ Hussefelt
Stem: Truvativ Hussefelt
Headset: Cane Creek Stolen
Grips: Specialized Rocco - about to be replaced with Superstar ones

Front & Rear Brake Lever: Shimano LX
Front & Rear Caliper: Shimano LX
Front & Rear disc: Superstar 180mm

Shifters: Shimano XT
Front Mech: Shimano XTR
Rear Mech: Shimano XT Shadow

Seat: Charge Spoon
Seat Post: Race Face Ride
Seat Post Clamp: Hope QR

Cranks: Shimano Deore - Soon to be SLX Double
Chain: KMC 9-speed of some sort
Cassette: Shimano Deore
Pedals: DMR V8 or Shimano SPDs depending on terrain
Bottom Bracket: Deore - Soon to be SLX

Front Wheel: Xero Element D1 - Will probably be replaced with the Superstar AM wheels
Tire: Specialized Enduro

Back Wheel: Xero Element D1 - Will probably be replaced with the Superstar AM wheels
Tire: Specialized Enduro

Weight: No idea, although not particularly light at the moment.

Other info:

I got the frame to replace my Trance as I'm after something with a bit more travel at the back. I'm slowly upgrading the rest as funds allow so hopefully by summer it will be how I want it.
First impressions are it's short so should be fun going down but might not be best for the climbs. Looking forward to getting out on it properly, and getting some decent pictures too.
:)

Comments

• I'd not leave that phone there, next thing you know it'll be phoning home in the states at all hours of the day and night.
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    they're great bikes, i've had mine for 2 years and i love it :D
  • Looks smart, can't make up my mind about the red cable covers though, I *think* they look nice :P
    Specialized FSR XC Expert 2010
  • VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    a nice table is what you need there. cant leave the phone on the floor like that :wink:
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • That's got quite a high BB, same as mine, which makes it lovely on the DH parts.

Overall good looking bike man!
  • Philcho
    Philcho Posts: 57
    Very nice bike, nice phone too same as mine! :lol:
  • craig_s
    craig_s Posts: 16
    Thanks for all the concern about the phone! He actually seems quite happy sitting there on the floor, scared of heights you see :P

It hopefully won't be too long until I can get to Glentress and see how the bike performs.

As for the red cables, I had them on the Trance before and was just going to bin them until I realised they might fit in with the red in the Equilink, plus they seem to do a good job at keeping the inners moving nicely. The plan is to possibly get red hubs when I get new wheels but right now I'm more worried about getting out on it and enjoying riding again.