Atala Albatross info - Please Help!!

drbizzle2011
drbizzle2011 Posts: 5
edited January 2011 in Road general
Hello fellow pedal pushers! I live in sunny Brighton, and down here on the south coast, bikes
are a big part of your identity and there are some great classics to be seen zipping along the seafront on a dry day!
I build custom bikes from old snotters and classics, and I always like to include as much information about them as possible in any blurb, but I am having great difficulty with one of my latest projects in finding out anything at all! I have scoured the net and sent numerous emails to Atala about the Albatross asking for any kind of history or info and all I know is it is Italian and from the early eighties! If you know anything about what I think is a pretty special bike, then please let me know as it would be much appreciated.
Many thanks and happy riding! :D

Here's a pic of the bike, not sure how to post it here - photobucket..?

http://www.facebook.com/bicycleapp#!/ph ... 2195822440
If you don't give 'em wings, they'll never learn to fly.

Comments

• crankycrank
    crankycrank Posts: 1,830
    Could you post a pic here. I don't have a facebook account and don't plan on getting one. I have a friend who may have an old one sitting in his garage but don't know for certain what model it is. From memory of riding with him 20yrs ago I can pretty much remember all the components and tubing that were on his and may be able to give you some info if it looks like a match.
  • I don't think you need a facebook account, you can just paste the link into your browser and view the pic.
    I'll have another go at putting up a pic here - couldn't work it out first time! (..help.?)
  • crankycrank
    crankycrank Posts: 1,830
    OK, I was able to see the photo. Well, unfortunately it's nothing like my friends Atala but if you have not found this already this person may have some info. http://velospace.org/node/12593.
  • Yeah I spotted that, mine is now on the site too, but it looks like it's the other dude's bike and not mine! Very confusing website to register and upload..
  • If you don't give 'em wings, they'll never learn to fly.