Garmin Edge 800 Display Question

JohnBoyUK
JohnBoyUK Posts: 206
edited January 2011 in Road beginners
Now I've been using my Edge 800 on my turbo, is there a way of stopping the scrolling between the different screens, ie. the stats, then the map, then the elevation stats.

All I want to see is the screen that shows my speed, time, cadence etc.

I've tried locking the 800, that hasnt done it. I've deactivated the GPS but it still shows the map and elevation screens. I've also read the manual from start to finish and cant find anything helpful to assist.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Comments

• Skerryman
    Skerryman Posts: 323
    If it shares the same menu structure as the Edge 500 then go Menu->Settings->Bike Settings->Auto Scroll->On/Off

Then again it may not have, but worth a try.
  • amaferanga
    amaferanga Posts: 6,789
    RTFM. Page 38.
    More problems but still living....
  • JohnBoyUK
    cheers guys, auto scroll was what I was looking for. All fixed now, ta muchly.
  • I had this one also and managed to work it to switch of the auto-scroll.

I've used my Garmin Edge 800 which I was gifted at Christmas once out on the road for a 10-15 mile ride and noticed that the screen now has some very tiny (but noticeable) surface scratches on it. I expect this is partly by 'swipping' across the screens using a fingered glove.

Anyone else noticed this and have any opinion on it?

"I like riding in my car, it's not quite a Jaguar."
  • I had this one also and managed to work it to switch of the auto-scroll.

I've used my Garmin Edge 800 which I was gifted at Christmas once out on the road for a 10-15 mile ride and noticed that the screen now has some very tiny (but noticeable) surface scratches on it. I expect this is partly by 'swipping' across the screens using a fingered glove.

Anyone else noticed this and have any opinion on it?

"I like riding in my car, it's not quite a Jaguar."
  • JohnBoyUK
    My Edge 800 screen is scratched to bugger already. Probably should have put a protective thing over it but hey...
  • On the Garmin forums, people are coming up with all sorts of ways to avoid scratching the screen, apparently MTB users are having bother with the edges of the screen chipping when bits of grit get in the gap between the screen edge and the main body,seems like the 800 needs a bit more development and improvement yet to be all things to all people, that said though i,ll still probably get one soon.
  • 1_reaper
    1_reaper Posts: 322
    kettrinboy wrote:
    On the Garmin forums, people are coming up with all sorts of ways to avoid scratching the screen, apparently MTB users are having bother with the edges of the screen chipping when bits of grit get in the gap between the screen edge and the main body,seems like the 800 needs a bit more development and improvement yet to be all things to all people, that said though i,ll still probably get one soon.

What about some of these for screen protection

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Vikuiti-PROTECT ... 949&sr=1-3

and one of these to protect the body

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Garmin-Edge-800 ... 063&sr=1-1