Which carrier to use for sending wheels after a sale?

allez24
allez24 Posts: 71
edited January 2011 in Road beginners
Have very recently bought a new road bike and already replaced the wheels. I have kept the box the new wheels came in to use when I sell the "old" ones....my question is which carrier can i use to send these wheels? will he pick up from my workplace? (cus thats where I is all day). I dont have a car. Many thanks in anticipation for your help.

Thats assuming said buyer,whoever that may be chooses not to collect from sunny Poole.
Discussion is an exchange of knowledge.....
Argument is an exchange of ignorance...

Comments

• craker
    craker Posts: 1,739
    http://www.parcel2go.com/ are middlemen for the likes of DHL; DHL came and collected my guitar yesterday from work after booking through this lot. Very reasonable price too.

I'm not sure you can book directly with some of the couriers if you haven't got a business account - this is what parcel2go provide for you I believe.
  • If you have got a good box you could just send them by Royal Mail Parcel Force
    I did this for a set of wheels last year - no problems and quite cheap
    ... must train harder
  • Ive just sent a frame via Parcel Force! £12.50 for a 48hr delivery and it was delivered the day after collecting! not bad.
  • RDB66
    RDB66 Posts: 492
    Just use Parcel Force, i've never had any problems in the past.

I sent a PX F&F, Stem and Seatpost with them for £19 Next Day.

DHL quoted me £75 !! Could have delivered it cheaper meself in the car.

Parcel Force every time.
    A Brother of the Wheel. http://www.boxfordbikeclub.co.uk

09 Canyon Ultimate CF for the Road.
    2011 Carbon Spesh Stumpy FSR.
  • I wouldn't recommend the post office - they apparently 'lost' a pair of wheels I posted.

Please keep your eyes open for any postie with a red Pashley rolling on brand new Campag Khamsin wheels!
    Ribble Gran Fondo
    Boardman CX Team
    Trek 8000
    Sirrus framed 'special'

Prev: Avanti Corsa, Routens, MBK TT, homemade TT bike, Trek 990, Vitus 979 x 2, Peugeot Roubaix & er..Raleigh Arena!
  • mr_si wrote:
    http://www.parcel2go.com/ are middlemen for the likes of DHL; DHL came and collected my guitar yesterday from work after booking through this lot. Very reasonable price too.

I'm not sure you can book directly with some of the couriers if you haven't got a business account - this is what parcel2go provide for you I believe.

+1

I recieved some wheels (purchased through here) via this route, delivered next day on a 2 day delivery and in good shape.
  • craker
    craker Posts: 1,739
    RDB66 wrote:
    Just use Parcel Force, i've never had any problems in the past.

I sent a PX F&F, Stem and Seatpost with them for £19 Next Day.

DHL quoted me £75 !! Could have delivered it cheaper meself in the car.

Parcel Force every time.

My guitar (9Kg, in a hard case) was £10 via parcel2go & dhl. I added £15 of insurance to cover the value of the thing though.
  • allez24
    allez24 Posts: 71
    Well done guys you have surpassed all my expectations......many many thanks.

(right lets get these bloody wheels sold!)
    Discussion is an exchange of knowledge.....
    Argument is an exchange of ignorance...
  • Try APC Overnight. Should cost you about £20 tops. Advantage of using a courier rather than PO is that yuo can track wher your stuff is.
  • lef
    lef Posts: 728
    i posted wheels from my post office, they used parcel force which i found odd but it only costs a tenner and no problem whatsoever