Tyre removal

World\'s Dump
World\'s Dump Posts: 107
edited January 2011 in Road general
Hi

I recently got hold of one of these newfangled modern road bike wheels (very thin!). It had a vittoria rubino tyre already fitted which was a little bit past it. However I can't for the life of me get the tyre off. There's some metal beading which I can't seem to snap and I don't want to damage the rim. Is there any easy method of removing the wheel?

Many thanks

Nick

Comments

• Hi

I recently got hold of one of these newfangled modern road bike wheels (very thin!). It had a vittoria rubino tyre already fitted which was a little bit past it. However I can't for the life of me get the tyre off. There's some metal beading which I can't seem to snap and I don't want to damage the rim. Is there any easy method of removing the wheel?

Many thanks

Nick
  • sorry I meant tyre!!!!
  • Slow Downcp
    Slow Downcp Posts: 3,041
    With perseverance - i used to have wire rimmed rubinos years ago and they were a b*tch to get on and off
    Carlsberg don't make cycle clothing, but if they did it would probably still not be as good as Assos
  • cheers... levers then???
  • Slow Downcp
    Slow Downcp Posts: 3,041
    Yep - no way should you be able to get a tyre off without them. I did snap a few plastic levers IIRC
    Carlsberg don't make cycle clothing, but if they did it would probably still not be as good as Assos
  • cheers. Now I need help with a new tyre!!!