Track bike on Turbo Trainer

mreff
mreff Posts: 4
edited January 2011 in Track
I previously posted this message in the 'Training' section but then thought that here might be more appropriate:

Hi,

I am looking at buying a turbo trainer to use with my track bike (Fuji Track 2009), I am somewhat confused as to how I would attach my track nuts to the trainer as I know some use QR skewers.

Does anybody know if I could use this trainer with my bike?

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/elite-volare-mag-alu-trainer/

Thanks for any advice/help

Comments

• AlanW
    AlanW Posts: 291
    mreff wrote:
    I previously posted this message in the 'Training' section but then thought that here might be more appropriate:

Hi,

I am looking at buying a turbo trainer to use with my track bike (Fuji Track 2009), I am somewhat confused as to how I would attach my track nuts to the trainer as I know some use QR skewers.

Does anybody know if I could use this trainer with my bike?

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/elite-volare-mag-alu-trainer/

Thanks for any advice/help

You need to replace the OE track nuts for Tacx track nuts, they are longer and will take up the differance in axle widths.
    Here
    "You only need two tools: WD40 and duct tape. If it doesn't move and it should, use WD40. If it moves and it shouldn't, use duct tape"
  • alanf
    alanf Posts: 222
    "You need to replace the OE track nuts for Tacx track nuts, they are longer and will take up the differance in axle widths."
    £17 at Wiggle christ what are they made of -gold?
    DOOOOOOOOOOOOUGHNUTS!!!
    I like
    DOOOOOOOOOOOOUGHNUTS!!!
  • mrushton
    mrushton Posts: 5,182
    My partner has a Cyclops turbo and the rear attachment accepts both tracknuts or a quick release. Is there a cut out on one side for the lever?
    M.Rushton
  • mrushton wrote:
    My partner has a Cyclops turbo and the rear attachment accepts both tracknuts or a quick release. Is there a cut out on one side for the lever?

I've mnoticed this, but be careful you don't damage and round off the nuts.