Colnago C40 HP

Evil Laugh
Evil Laugh Posts: 1,412
edited January 2011 in Your road bikes
d4a166f2.jpg

Picked up this bargain from Italy before Xmas and excitingly it arrived today.

It comes with 10 Campag record and a near spanking pair of ksyrium elites.

I'm going to strip and sell the parts though as I'm a dura ace man. The frame is getting a respray at Atlantic Boulevard. I'm going for a prbk paint in the eps style which should end up looking like a carbon master, the c40 having the master/gilco profile tubes. Or something like that, I'm convinced it's gonna be good. :?

Think

Master_PRBK.jpg

Mixed with

extremepower_pr82.jpg

Build will be Dura Ace 7900, black/white fizik arione and tape of some configuration.

Wheels. I have my DA cl24 for general riding but really fancy some mavic ccu, other option are destickered boras/racing speeds and destickered dt Swiss rrc 46 which are a good price but have white spokes which I'm not convinced about. Good, light wheels but white spokes on a black/white frame could look a bit too contrived or tacky?

I'd like some input if poss on wheel choice. I'm waiting for naps report on the boras but keen to hear from ccu users.

What do we think on bars and stem? I want a shallowish traditional bend, don't really know where to start here as my fave bars are satin alloy nittos.

Looking forward to my ride in the morning!

Comments

• Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Deda Newton shallows are the bars for you my man!!

With a Deda zero 100 stem...
  • flanners1
    flanners1 Posts: 916
    How much is the spray job costing if you don't mind me asking?
    Colnago C60 SRAM eTap, Colnago C40, Milani 107E, BMC Pro Machine, Trek Madone, Viner Gladius,
    Bizango 29er
  • Ash_
    Ash_ Posts: 385
    Evil Laugh wrote:
    What do we think on bars and stem? I want a shallowish traditional bend, don't really know where to start here as my fave bars are satin alloy nittos.

If your favourite bars are the above, why not use those? Paired with a silver Thomson stem, they'd look good - Furthermore, on eBay you can occasionally get hold of 28.0 Thomson Masterpiece seatposts to finish off the classic look.

Just a thought, like...