Unhappy punter ...

Pipster3
Pipster3 Posts: 82
Lets start on a positive note :D over the last 2 to 3 yrs I have found myself getting back into the mountain biking scene due to becoming a father ...Once Leo hit 6months old he's been out on the bike with his old man and we have been having such a great time I'm hooked all over again...I have been using my old school ride a Saracen Trekker comp a Classic you old boys will know it :wink: with a forward facing child seat fitted ...

The problem is last year the little fella outgrew the seat and i was struggling to find a seat that worked for us as he hates the rear mounted ones...that's when I found the **** seat which arrived this Xmas and has transformed how and where we ride...

Over the last year I have spent a small fortune on What mountianbike and MountainbikingUK mags researching the type of bike i would need to complement the seat ...And well done guys the mags especially What mountain bike have been a fantastic read...
So there we have it nearly £3k spent on bike and goodies all helps to benefit the UK MTB

Now to the negative stuff the Bikeradar forum ...I joined and made my first post a couple of days ago about the seat and how happy i was with a couple of photos and a link to the guy who makes it.. posted in the parent and kids section...

It was deleted with a one liner about advertising so i re posted explaining i have no connection with the manufacturer just a happy customer sharing some feedback with like minded parents ...same again post 2 deleted this time i get a PM with the sarcy heading post away ... and a short message saying we think your a spammer ...Again i took the time to reply to the poster of the message to explain my position and its seems they are quick to delete post but havent got the manners to reply to a polite PM and maybe apologize for getting it wrong ...
My welcome so far has not been a good one ...and at the end of the day I am one of your customers and spend money on the glossy mags and Bikerader endorsed products so expect some level of professional behaviour on your part...

Regards

Phil

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    Ok the family section is regularly full of posters advertising products for kids etc and TBH your post fell directly into that category. Other searches found an attachment with your Email account to the company product you were so happy about..

you then posted where has the post gone etc. to which you got a reply.

we do have jobs an lifes to live so PMs don't always get replied to immediately, and a will not be in this case as I have done so here.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • Nick

Thanks for the reply
    Having purchased the product from the company in question I'm not surprised my email address comes up in searches as the whole transaction was done over the Internet...the only email contact for this product is info@****.co.uk and the website ****.co.uk...and my email address relates to my Groundworks and compact excavator hire company so you must have your wires crossed...
    But your still missing the point I'm not arsed about re posting the original thread on the child seat ...the fact that you have manged to tar and feather me as some spammer is what grates...

Again you have not taken on board what has been said in this post ...I buy the magazines ...I shop at Chain Reaction and bought my new bike from Hargroves all associated with the Bikerader brand...

Your the one in the wrong here you jumped to conclusions and judged me ...I'm the customer and if i don't get the apology I'm looking for then i will wash my hands of anything linked to the Bikerader brand ...

Good manners are the mark of a man... your quick enough to throw stones but even when someone takes the time to explain that you might just be wrong your not big enough to hold your hands up and apologize ...
    Regards
    Phil
  • Andy
    Andy Posts: 8,207
    As a forum moderator, I would like to apologise for the fact a mistake was made.

The Admins and Moderators on this forum are by and large volunteers who have no connection to Future Publishing or BikeRadar, except being users just like yourself. We do this on top of our normal lives and jobs and as such, mistakes get made.

I suggest we all take this as a lesson learned and move on :wink:
  • Andy thanks very much apologie accepted :D

I look forward to using the forum and wish all guys and girls on the team a happy 2011...