Bianchi Sempre Custom build

Tollers
Tollers Posts: 32
edited January 2011 in Your road bikes
I'd previously built up a CR1 with SR, but i loved the frame so much that i wanted to use it as my main bike, so bought a new frame and wheels and a few other bits before transferring over the components to the new frame. CR1 is now downgraded to Centaur, but has become my perfect main bike. This is now my perfect Sunday Best :) I'm in love with both my bikes :)

5192535260_54a807aaae_b.jpg]

5191938423_d2f0010be8_b.jpg

5191940461_51d38d54fc_b.jpg

5191941517_a42cfc2bf1_b.jpg

5191942915_e24249c397_b.jpg

5191944257_7965ce5fec_b.jpg

5192542494_46b0edfa87_b.jpg

Comments

• PhilofCas
    PhilofCas Posts: 1,153
    looks really well, like the colour scheme, nice one
  • pickled
    pickled Posts: 439
    Looks great!
    Can I ask where you bought the Sempre frameset from?
    I've been told Bianchi weren't importing any framesets to the UK...
  • Lovely bike. You can't go wrong with a beauty like that.
    Bianchi. There are no alternatives only compromises!
    I RIDE A KONA CADABRA -would you like to come and have a play with my magic link?
  • That's what you call a head badge.
  • pickled wrote:
    Looks great!
    Can I ask where you bought the Sempre frameset from?
    I've been told Bianchi weren't importing any framesets to the UK...

Sorry. Just noticed your question.

Actually, i'm not based in the UK anymore. These days i live in California, but currently back home for a cold and snowy christmas with the folks. I wouldn't want that much bling over here in blighty though. I think SR is a bit excessive for the few good weeks we get.

Anyway, it was hard to source the frameset even in the US. There aren't many Sempre's about and to get it, my LBS had to order a complete bike and take it to bits. That's why it's blue instead of celeste as only the blue ultegra build has a carbon steerer on the fork. I was more prepared to compromise on colour than that.

So......perhaps your LBS would be happy to order a complete bike and sell you the frame?

Tollers

p.s i ended up paying 10% less than the book price for the frameset.
  • markyone
    markyone Posts: 1,119
    very nice i like bianchi.
    I have super record just going to put it on my new frame but its not here yet should be here this week.
    Colnago c60 Eps super record 11
    Pinarello F8 with sram etap
  • markyone wrote:
    I have super record just going to put it on my new frame but its not here yet should be here this week.

What frame are you getting?
  • markyone
    markyone Posts: 1,119
    Tollers wrote:
    markyone wrote:

What frame are you getting?
    its here and i have built it up pinarello
    Colnago c60 Eps super record 11
    Pinarello F8 with sram etap
  • rake
    rake Posts: 3,204
    a fairly nice bike youve built there. thumbs up.
  • bencolem
    bencolem Posts: 463
    Got to say that Bianchi seem to have really hit a rich vein of form recently - that Sempre looks sweet as a nut and the Oltre got a fantastic review in Cycling Plus this month...
  • Man that's a good looking bike with a gorgeous colour scheme.

Ride her proud!!!

:D:D:D
    Lead, Follow, or get out of the way...

Ribble Gran Fondo
    Shimano 105
    CSN Superleggera XL50
    Speedplay X2
    Met SineThesis
    Sidi Ergo 2
    Garmin 705
  • carl_p
    carl_p Posts: 989
    What a fantastic looking bike. Looks like your Garmin was made especially for it 8)
    Specialized Venge S Works
    Cannondale Synapse
    Enigma Etape
    Genesis Flyer Single Speed

Turn the corner, rub my eyes and hope the world will last...
  • Tollers
    Thanks guys. I hate the Oltre purely because i want one. I really don't deserve this sempre and am nowhere near good or fast enough to deserve it, but....i completely love it. It's strange to have a bike that is so perfect for me though.....it makes it hard to think of any upgrades or tinkering that i can do. Ah well, think i'll have to build-up the old Nero RC frame for some fun.
  • Looks fantastic. How does she ride? Would you say this is a sportive bike or more of a race bike? Think the Garmin looks very cool btw.
    "That's it! You people have stood in my way long enough. I'm going to clown college! " - Homer
  • Tollers
    Looks fantastic. How does she ride? Would you say this is a sportive bike or more of a race bike? Think the Garmin looks very cool btw.

It feel quite racey, but i think it could be used for Sportives. It's a hard call really. I'm trying to work out if i should do the AMBBR century ride on the Sempre or my 2009 CR1 (perhaps too stiff) or rebuild my little Ribble with some cheap shimano bits. Hmmmm. First things first, i'm going to try a new saddle this weekend.