Veho Muvi (£12 Delivered!) Youtube footage on pg9

1424344454648»

Comments

• lugsey2k5
    lugsey2k5 Posts: 960
    thanks found them
  • lugsey2k5 wrote:
    ....and cant seem to find a working link or product name that brings up the cheap £12 version of this camera. could anyone help?

If you look at:

http://www.gigxon.com/new-mini-dv-pocke ... k_p256.htm

or buy from him on ebay at:
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Mini-DV-Pocket-Vi ... 5015wt_905
    .....................................................................................................................................................
    I ride a STD Gary Fisher 2010 Mamba.
  • gonga
    gonga Posts: 225
    lugsey2k5 wrote:
    Hello
    Just read threw a dozen pages on here and cant seem to find a working link or product name that brings up the cheap £12 version of this camera.
    could anyone help?

I wouldn't bother.
    Probably the worst thing i bought last year, even at 12 quid!
    :lol:
  • alfablue
    alfablue Posts: 8,497
    I bought a Muvi for my son (including waterproof case), and a couple of the cheaper clones for me. They work well enough (using a class 6 card, and VLC player), however for use on my commuting bike it wasn't really as convenient as I hoped. I was interested in this camera trafcam.jpg
    (£13.99 from 7 Day Shop).

I have just received it and I am getting familiar with it, but it seems to have a few advantages (at least for my intended use as a "traffic" camera) over the Muvi / MD80; it records 5 minute long files continually and automatically deletes the oldest files when the card is full. This means all I need to do is recharge periodically but I don't need to download the videos or delete anything from the card unless something of interest actually occurs. As it seems to be built in an aluminium torch case, it is also easier to mount and more likely to be robust enough for daily use compared with the Muvi.

I have a 2gb card in at the moment and it recorded 1hr20m before deleting the first file it made, so a 4gb or 8gb card should be plenty, given that battery life will then be the limiting factor.

There is a video review of it here.

For uses other than as a "traffic" camera this would not be as good as the Muvi with the 5 minute file size (you could easily "splice" the video's with appropriate software but you lose about 1 second between recordings). I am going to need to weatherproof it a bit before I use it (the top mounted switch needs sealing) although the usb socket and card slot are well protected under a threaded metal cap.
  • tarren
    tarren Posts: 42
    Hi ZimboUK,

The date\Time on the Veho cannot be changed, only on the cheaper £12 model can the date\time be changed, that I believe is correct, I'm sure someone will correct if I'm wrong.
    John Marsh
  • tarren wrote:
    Hi ZimboUK,

The date\Time on the Veho cannot be changed,

Hi Tarren, I have changed the Date and Time hence my post stating so. I only posted when I found a site with a formula to do so hence posting that as well. :idea:
    I ride a STD Gary Fisher 2010 Mamba.
  • tarren
    tarren Posts: 42
    Hi ZimboUK, I can see now you have the Veho Muvi Atom as opposed to the M80 that I have. Sorry 'bout that piece of misinformation. :oops:
    John Marsh
  • m1tch666
    m1tch666 Posts: 148
    Well, plugged mines in, no lights at all. My comp searched for drivers, didn't find them. I linked to the above and downloaded and installed them fine. Still no lights. My comp obviously recognises the device but doesn't show it when I plug it in.........do I have fried batteries??
    Dartmoor Primal 26" 1 x 10, 40 expander
    Banshee Spitfire 650b 1 x 10, 42 expander
  • Andy
    Andy Posts: 8,207
    Has anyone got a valid link for these?