Computer Based Diet & Training Diary

Karl2010
Karl2010 Posts: 511
Pokerface put me onto http://www.livestrong.com/.
On here you can record all the food you've eaten and what time.
You can also record any training you've done that day.
It does all sorts and its a fantastic web site but its sometimes a little slow.
Im considering paying the subscription to get the extra features and get rid of the adverts.

But first I was wandering if there was any PC based software that did the same thing?
Something where i can create my own meals and enter nutritional values and keep track of what & when i have eaten.

Something where and can keep track training that ive done (time/place/kcal used/exercise type)

There must be something out there? Anyone ...?

Comments

• Just last night I downloaded myfitnesspal for my iPod Touch. It's available as a stand alone web site, but I don't think it's available as PC software. However, the app is also available for Android and Blackberry so if used on a mobile you don't need the website to log your data. It's too early for me to tell you if it's good or not but I have already found that it has foods from a number of UK supermarkets and in UK sized packages.

You can also keep track of cardio and strength exercises although I'm not too sure how accurate the caloric calculation is. The website is free so might be worth giving it a try to see if it is any faster than the Livestrong site for you.
    No-one wanted to eat Patagonia Toothfish so they renamed it Chilean Sea Bass and now it's in danger of over fishing!
  • Karl2010
    Karl2010 Posts: 511
    Thanks Finbar. Im still running a Sony Ericson W850i Slip style phone. No Iphone or Blackbury gagetry for me. Infact the mobile gets on my nerves so i always keep it on silent. But thats another topic. :)
  • There's fatsecret. It's also a web service like Livestrong, rather than a stand alone offline program:

http://www.fatsecret.com

But if you use Chrome as your internet browser, then there is virtuaTrainer, MyNetDiary calorie counter and fitnessBliss, all of which provide functionality offline as well as online. None of those apps have evetything you want yet, but there will be an app launched soon that offers all of the things you like about Livestrong, plus some more and which will work offline.

Livestrong is good though. I also use it, but use a couple of Android based apps to track nutrition and training on my phone.

I've been thinking about developing a cycling specific app for Chrome for a while and have bits and pieces of code together. Might have to spend some time over the next couple of months to just get it done and launched.

Regards,

Peter
  • P_Tucker
    P_Tucker Posts: 1,878
    Microsoft Excel will do all that.
  • hugo15
    hugo15 Posts: 1,101
    P_Tucker wrote:
    Microsoft Excel will do all that.

+1.