Rock Shox Revelations

Rozza
Rozza Posts: 75
edited January 2011 in MTB workshop & tech
Hello,

Just purchaced a Rock Shox Revelation RLT Ti 20mm Maxle - 2011 for my Wolf Ridge to replace the pikes out front. I got them from Merlin for £404, a bargain I couldn't resist.

I was wondering what the extra 10mm of travel will have, if any, after all it's only a cm?

Was it worth paying out extra for the 'Black Box', I've been told they're a step-up in performance and more reliable to boot. Will I notice the difference?

A little late I know as the orders in but any feedback would be appreciated.

Happy new year.
Wolf Ridge, mmm bop, XTC Composite, Uncle John

Comments

• Eyon
    Eyon Posts: 623
    well i was lead to believe that 1" equates to 1 degree at the head usually, so in all reality, 1cm will be less than 0.5 degree so not a massive issue.
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    travel has little to do with it. what is the axle to crown height difference?

PS crap heading and wrong section.

Moved.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • Rozza
    Rozza Posts: 75
    PPS. Calm down you half swedish gibbon, it ain't worth getting stressed about. Good point about the crown height difference though.
    Wolf Ridge, mmm bop, XTC Composite, Uncle John
  • the 2011 150mm rev stack height isn't much taller than the 2010 140mm rev... talking 5mm or something.

Tis one of the reasons I was running 150mm on my P7.
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    Rozza wrote:
    Was it worth paying out extra for the 'Black Box', I've been told they're a step-up in performance and more reliable to boot. Will I notice the difference?

I think so. It's not an immense difference, they work in much the same way, and on simple stuff there's really very little in it but once you start multiple fast hits- big rock gardens etc- the Teams just seem to keep performing after motion control starts to get overwhelmed.
    Uncompromising extremist
  • Northwind wrote:
    Rozza wrote:

I think so. It's not an immense difference, they work in much the same way, and on simple stuff there's really very little in it but once you start multiple fast hits- big rock gardens etc- the Teams just seem to keep performing after motion control starts to get overwhelmed.

yah... on multiple/continued hits, I can definitely tell the difference between my old Rev race and Rev team.

I even think the team is a lot more supple and reactive to smaller bumps.